“Rudest Restaurant Experience of My Life” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lindey's

Lindey's
Reserve with OpenTable
Lindey's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,214 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Mohawk
Waltham, MA
“Rudest Restaurant Experience of My Life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

I had heard good things about Lindey's from colleagues prior to my recent trip to Columbus. I travel a lot and have been to hundreds of restaurants from the most expensive in the world to the cheapest.
Never have I been treated so incredibly poorly by restaurant staff. Not at McDonald's or the Ritz.
In trying to check for evening availability, the hostess hung up on me 4 straight times. The first couple I blamed on a messed up phone system. Surely, a restaurant of this caliber would understand customer service. After the 4th hang up, I determined that this was no error and decided to take my business elsewhere. If you're booked for the evening, don't take reservations, or don't want to serve me, at least have the professionalism to polietly say, "I'm sorry, we're booked this evening" before hanging up.

Classy restaurants know how to treat callers. Thank goodness Columbus has a wealth of wonderful business who are more than willing to take my money, provide me with good food, and smile while doing it.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank cornetml

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very fun establishment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

Very fun establishment

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great if you have the wallet for it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2009

Great if you have the wallet for it.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Ponce Inlet, Florida
“Stop every time I am in Columbus.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2008

Lindey's is wonderful on fronts. It is a fascinating people watching venue -- It would be scary to know how many politcal deals were hatched within these walls! Excellent wine menu and impeccable food. Cannot say enough good things about this great restaurant. Try to catch one of the live jazz evenings. There is a lovely patio and bar open in the summer. A+

DC
“Awesome food in the heart of German Village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2008

It's not cheep, but this restaurant was totally worth the price. Make sure to stroll around the neighborhood. German Village is awesome. We had steaks and they were perfectly prepared. Nice choice of wines by the glass.

Been to Lindey's? Share your experiences!