“Why didn't anyone think of this before?”
Review of Dane's Dessert Cafe - CLOSED

Dane's Dessert Cafe
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were just through Columbus on a whirlwind trip and it was suggested that we check out the Short North. We had had dinner elsewhere, and decided that we'd head to the Short North and maybe get dessert there.We saw the sign for Dane's that took us down a cute little side street and decided to try it. The cafe was very bright, clean, and spacious. The staff on duty were exceptionally sweet (no pun intended!), and the prices were very reasonable. The menu selection was extensive...and I wish I could've tried everything on it. I ended up with a chocolate crepe, and it was AMAZING! When I saw the portion size, which was huge, I was like, "Oh, I don't think I'll be able to eat the whole thing!" Uh, yeah, by the time I was done, the only thing left was the plate! :)

Really, a dessert cafe is a phenomenal idea, and Dane's executes perfectly.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We bought a groupon to Dane's but we've been back to it twice because it is so delicious. It is a wonderful dessert cafe which means they service regular entrees as well as premier desserts. Everything is quite affordable. We have tried a couple different sundaes (cookie dough and cookies and creme); the Amazing New York style cheesecake and the oh so tasty Jamaican jerk crepe. Most menu items are around $7 and the portion sizes are huge. The customer service is awesome. It is one of our favorite spots.

You have to walk to get to the front door of Dane's. It says 14 Poplar street but the front of the shop is located in a little nook that you have to walk to. They usually have their street sign on the sidewalk. There is parking on the street and a parking lot really close to Poplar and High. There are a few tables in the cafe so one time we ate there and another time we took it to go. They also have Johnson ice cream available in the freezer.

Check carefully for shop hours. They have been on winter hours this month so it was open 4pm Mon-Thur and 11am - 11pm on Fri - Sun. My suggestion is to call the shop because they may be open more hours during the summer months.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have been to Dane's twice, both times for dessert. The shop is a little difficult to find, but it's worth it and there is parking right around the building. There are so many options here that it's hard to know where to begin! We've had dessert crepes and not been disappointed! They also have a large selection of savory items, cakes, sundaes, and bubble teas (yummy as well)! We have always dined-in, but you can also order to go. The shop has not been very busy either time we've gone, and although I dont think they have high-chairs, they have always been friendly and accommodated my two little boys in any way they possibly could. If you havent tried Dane's yet, I highly suggest you make a visit soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

While taking a small trip to Columbus, my fiance and I stopped in for dessert. It was pretty hidden, but a banner and a sign on the corner pointed the way. There was only one girl working (our check says Lindsay)-- she was very friendly and helpful. She was also patient while I decided what to get. We got a creme brulee and a brownie dish with a long name. The brownie dessert came with whipped cream, a chocolate sauce and cherries, all in a fluted dish. Everything was wonderful. The atmosphere was perfect and quaint. It all felt very welcoming. We will certainly be returning to Dane's the next time we are in Columbus.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I hate that this place is kind of hidden because it is a great place for desserts. If you aren't familiar with it you would only discover it by word of mouth or on accident. I have been a few times and I love the desserts. There are so many options. If you are a fan of crepes there are plenty of ways that you can get them or you have the option to upgrade to a belgian waffle. They add fruit, chocolate, ice cream and many other toppings. You can even get small versions of the desserts. For those who like cakes and creme brulee's, you aren't left out. They have all kinds of dessert options. If you aren't into sweets, try a savory crepe or a jamaican patty. I like the jerk chicken crepe. This place is great for hanging out with friends or sharing a dessert on a date. The regular size portions of crepes and waffles are made for two. I will keep going back again and again. It is a must if you are in the short north for dinner. Afterward have dessert at Dane's. It definitely should be a destination if you are looking for a new place for dessert. My recommendations are Black Velvet or the Strawberry/ Banana Crepe with Icecream, the name starts with Mix.