“For the Meat Lover”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 2,301 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We went for my birthday recently. As mentioned in a recent review, they send you a BOGO on your birthday which is good since its $45 per person. Its that price point which made me shy away at first, but with the BOGO it made it affordable. I recommend signing up for their mailing list to get this coupon.

The Salad Bar portion is not your typical salad bar, but with a lot of fancy sides. A lot of things I love like marinated Olives, Mushrooms and Peppers. A really good hot spicy shrimp along with Sushi (although not much of a selection there) and cheeses. It had Lobster Bisque that my wife quite liked and other assorted sides that were very good. My wife though commented that she thought there would be more of a traditional salad bar so to each their own, but if you like things marinated ( I could have just stayed up at the Salad Bar), then you will like this very much.

Now of course, the main attraction here is the Steakhouse and they certainly did not disappoint. For the first time, its sort of funny because the servers basically ignore you till you you turn your card over to "green". The meat was outstanding and very very flavorful. Some of the best meat i've ever had. They also could give it to you how you liked it cooked on the spot. One time they did not have my preference and went back and cooked it more which I appreciated.

Just a few things knocked them down a star. We only had tap water since one reviewer said they would bring out a soft drink in a small bottle and then charge you 3.00 per bottle. This isn't spoken about in their menu (huge extensive alcohol menu) and we could see other customer's with the bottles. The tap water tasted funny--reminded us of the smell of our fish tank--I thought maybe it was because of the marination of the food we had ate,but it didn't want us to drink very much of it. The place was very noisy (didn't help that the 3 ladies next to us were laughing loudly during our whole meal) for a place that was mostly empty. It made me wonder why it was so empty, but this may be a more popular place on Fridays and Saturdays based upon the pricing (we were there on a Sunday night). Also there were times where we had some down time between meat servers which seemed surprising when they weren't that busy and we had one particular server who would never walk over to our table (my wife commented that he didn't seem happy at his job). I need to say though this was not the norm as the rest of our meat servers did a great job.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The food, wine, etc were all excellent, but what truly made the experience was the staff. I had hoped to have a party of 15-20 guests, so I called the restaurant a month or so in advance and was transferred to Mariah, the Event Manager, who coordinates their private rooms and such. It was a joy just to speak to her. I felt like I was going to the home of an old friend for dinner and bringing along a bunch of friends. As time went on and people confirmed or couldn't make it, backed out after saying yes, etc, I kept in touch with Mariah and she worked with me every step of the way along with expressing appreciation that I was keeping her apprised of changes. After all the changes I had a total of seven people. Mariah didn't miss a beat, saying we were still welcome to the room that had been reserved but could also choose to sit in the main dining room. Not wanting to deprive them of the space if needed, I chose the main dining room.

So, on to dinner. The day of, two more confirmed dropped out, leaving us with five for dinner. I called again and all was well, Mariah said she'd see us at 7:30. Sure as could be, she was waiting at the hostess station at 7:25 when we entered. Presumably because of the time and being five people, she spoke up right away and asked if I was Garry (we were long past formalities by this point). She escorted us to our table, telling me she had reserved us a spot with one of their best servers.

With that, she introduced us to Sean. Doggone if she wasn't right about one of their best. In fact, if they have a better server, I'd be shocked. He'd be nearly impossible to beat. I could rattle off all his great qualities, but just picture everything you think makes up a great waiter or waitress, multiply it by a thousand or so, and you have Sean. If I had to pick anything I think it'd be his obvious ability to read a table and know how to interact. He was friendly and joking with us, while a nearby table had a bunch of stiffs, so he was (while still friendly) less casual. The bottom line here is that this young man, while possibly aspiring to other things, is that rare creature who could be said to have found their calling as a waiter. All too many think it's a job any twit can do. Not this guy. He's top of the line.

I was in Columbus for two days, to go to a football game (GO BUCKEYES!). We went in on a Friday and they were pretty busy, but you never would've noticed from the staff. Everyone was on top of their game, indicating (to me at least, as well as to one of my dining companions who is a restaurant manager herself with 30 years in the food & beverage game) quality management. I RARELY go to the same restaurant two days in a row for dinner, especially in an area like Easton Town Center which is full of very nice restaurants. I had originally planned to dine elsewhere Saturday night after the game, but thanks to Mariah and Sean, I suggested Texas de Brazil to Saturday's dining crew as well. I called a little ahead and made a reservation, requesting one of Sean's tables. When we arrived, there was my old pal Mariah waiting to greet us again. I had asked to speak to her when I called, but she was busy. Apparently someone told her I had asked for her when I made the reservation. They actually had to shuffle a couple things to get us one of Sean's tables, as he was fully seated at the time, but they did so willingly. So, we put him in an overload of tables for a bit. You never would have known it.

The second night, one other person also stood out. One of the carvers, a young man named Matt, was really on top of things along with being an all around friendly person (and genuine, not just going through motions). He's a real asset to Texas de Brazil to go along with Mariah and Sean.

I guarantee next time I find myself in Columbus, I WILL return in spite of the numerous nearby places to choose from.

1  Thank Garry S
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Fun place try once... we were very full afterward. There were lots to meats to choose from. You could call this a highend Buffet.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Carving after carving of delicious meat is brought to you table side at the perfect temperature you want. The buffet was also no joking matter. A palette for more than just veggie lovers. There was cold salmon, wine-roasted mushrooms, prosciutto, roasted peppers, jasmine rice, a cheese selection worthy of a cheese monger. Served at the table were dainty, little bread balls baked with parmesan inside them, a dish of mashed potatoes, and delicious caramelized bananas. If you go, come hungry... real hungry. And try dipping the lamb and pork meat into the caramelized banana sauce for a unique flavor.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a traditional Brazilian steakhouse, with gauchos that come around regularly to tempt you with tasty morsels.....everything from pork to chicken to a variety of delicious cuts of beef, and a number of selections wrapped in bacon! Simply turn your card to red when you need a break from the gaucho visits, and back to green when you are ready for more. It all begins with a trip to a salad bar that is much more than salad, and ends with a delightful selection of desserts (see photo). All of them looked so good we got four different things and shared them all. A fun way to dine, with very friendly staff and great food. You will not leave this place hungry!

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!