“Get your tropical fix”

Grass Skirt Tiki Room
Ranked #248 of 2,275 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Grass Skirt Tiki Room is just what it says - a slice of tropics in Columbus. Good Rum Drinks, Tiki Torches and Tropical sounds in the middle of the city. Great Happy hour drinks and food that is good bar eats. The Pork belly taco was ok. but marginal at best. the Pork egg rolls were a bit over cooked but paired with good home made teriyaki sauce. I'll be back for Happy Hour again.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I am a tikiphile so I was eager to try this little gem and I was not disappointed. We were there around last Christmas (yes, I'm a bit behind in this submission but better late than never ;>) and with it being cold and snowy outside, I was eagerly and nicely transported to the land of tiki. I used to escape to the much missed Kahiki to get away from the endless winters when I lived in Ohio. Well, after the Kahiki vanished, I just had to move to Fort Lauderdale for my tiki fix where I now enjoy the Mai-Kai (very similar to the Kahiki for those who remember). Though much smaller, the Grass Skirt is a really nice escape as well. Food was good and my tiki drinks were right on the mark. Can't wait to be back in town to revisit - no matter what time of year.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Went there with several coworkers after work for a Friday happy hour and was impressed. If you are a rum drinker you will definitely enjoy this place. They have flights of rum for a very reasonable price (4 shots for $15). The fact that they have some of the hard to find rum is what makes them great in my eyes. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

This was our second trip to the Grass Skirt. Our first trip was with a large group of friends... this trip was much more intimate and relaxed. We came to Columbus specifically to visit the Tiki Room and to see friends that live nearby. We were instantly provided a table and menus in this very exotic settings right near the lava wall. This is such a intricately decorated fun place. The staff are very friendly and eager to please. The owner, Carmen, is extremely hospitable. The Tiki Room is filled with carvings and other flotsum and jetsum from various spots around the world. The cocktails are fantastic and adorned with lots of vegetation and fruit...not to mention infused with copious amounts of alcohol. This is a great tiki experience for the seasoned adventurer as well as the novice traveler. Watch out for the Zombies they will sneak up behind you and knock you out... Limit one per customer. The food items offered by the restaurant are delicious. Stephanie and I prefer tapas and would recommend sticking to the appetizer menu for a wonderful variety of flavors. We loved the crab rangoon and the coconut chicken bites... We could have eaten more but we'll save that for the next trip. Stephanie thought that the bathrooms were clean and that the restaurant was very easy to find. We stayed at the Hyatt Place OSU which was only 2.5 miles away. When you are in Columbus, Ohio you must make plans to visit the Grass Skirt Tiki Room, it is a wonderful place with wonderful people.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My boss invited me to lunch at this small restaurant in downtown Columbus. While the atmosphere was more for couples (very dark lighting), the food selection and pricing was an excellent surprise. The service was excellent as well as food quality (portion size was good). I would recommend this restaurant for couples.