“Try somewhere else”

Hollywood Casino Columbus
Ranked #31 of 159 things to do in Columbus
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have been to this casino at least 25 times and have won more than 100. only twice and spend on average 300.-500. at a time. Slots are very slim and blackjack is over priced.
Food is decent but need better servers and management personel in the restaurants.
You can only order 1 beer or drink at a time so if you want to buy for someone else while they are playing forget it,they need to be with you. I have been to casinos all over the country and Canada and I must truly say this but far is the very worst I have ever visited.

10  Thank rayhol1953

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Read reviews saying it was big, i guess they havent been to Vegas, thought it was small, payouts sucked they acually advertise payoffs like 1300,00 dollars to 2500,00 , chicken scratch. buffet was good on friday but 30.00 dollars is steep and beer high , vegas its all free worth the trip. you might as well buy lotto tickets better payouts , everthing in place was like a odd lots furniture store low priced designed.

8  Thank 349art
HollywoodCols_Team, Graphic Artist at Hollywood Casino Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Hi 349art, we are sorry you feel this way. We appreciate your opinion and hope that you will return with a better experience.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Found the staff very good and entertaining. We didn't stay very long...didn't hit it great at the black jack table. We were going to eat in their steak house, but it was filled. The place is pretty big. I think I like the horseshoe in Cleveland better for the location, but I liked the roominess of this better - but what a lousy part of town. Yuk!

HollywoodCols_Team, Graphic Artist at Hollywood Casino Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Hi NEohiotraveler, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your honesty and feedback. We are sorry that you feel our location is disappointing. We seek to be a good neighbor with volunteer work to improve our surroundings and we are excited for the future of the West Side community.

Hopefully when you return you will have the chance to visit Final Cut, we promise you will hit the jackpot with our Beef Wellington!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Thats all I can say, its ok. I'd rather drive to WV and go to that casino. But its ok. New Years Eve here was great but other than that, it's alright

2  Thank Carmen M

Hi Carmen, thank you for your review. We are sorry that your experience was just "ok" and we would love to hear your suggestions on improvements so that your next visit will be great.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Last night a dealer t LIR had NO clue how to deal or game rules. Most got up & left. I got attn of a pit mgr...his response was yeah, we r short handed, I said that doesn't make it ok, he said whatever, sure. This is why I go to Cleveland Horseshoe & Scioto. Hollywood has no commitment to service.

6  Thank Susan J