“We had a couple of great tables”

Hollywood Casino Columbus
Ranked #32 of 154 things to do in Columbus
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Found the staff very good and entertaining. We didn't stay very long...didn't hit it great at the black jack table. We were going to eat in their steak house, but it was filled. The place is pretty big. I think I like the horseshoe in Cleveland better for the location, but I liked the roominess of this better - but what a lousy part of town. Yuk!

HollywoodCols_Team, Graphic Artist at Hollywood Casino Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Hi NEohiotraveler, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your honesty and feedback. We are sorry that you feel our location is disappointing. We seek to be a good neighbor with volunteer work to improve our surroundings and we are excited for the future of the West Side community.

Hopefully when you return you will have the chance to visit Final Cut, we promise you will hit the jackpot with our Beef Wellington!

There are newer reviews for Hollywood Casino Columbus

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Thats all I can say, its ok. I'd rather drive to WV and go to that casino. But its ok. New Years Eve here was great but other than that, it's alright

2  Thank Carmen M

Hi Carmen, thank you for your review. We are sorry that your experience was just "ok" and we would love to hear your suggestions on improvements so that your next visit will be great.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Last night a dealer t LIR had NO clue how to deal or game rules. Most got up & left. I got attn of a pit mgr...his response was yeah, we r short handed, I said that doesn't make it ok, he said whatever, sure. This is why I go to Cleveland Horseshoe & Scioto. Hollywood has no commitment to service.

6  Thank Susan J
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Hollywood Casino has hosted my nonprofit organization's holiday party for two years. The banquet facilities are sometimes overlooked and they are a star for the Hollywood Casino. The food display, variety and service was excellent. We also have had dinner in some of the restaurants and the experience is always fun and food is good. We don't gamble, but the Hollywood Casino is a great place to watch sporting events, too, in the "oh" Bar.

2  Thank Jane S
Reviewed February 18, 2014

First, I'd like to point out that this is definitely not Vegas and you will not find cocktail waitresses walking around handing out drinks. So if you go expecting that you will be disappointed. Also, state law says they can't serve drinks after 1:45 which was crummy when you get there at 1:30am. But I was able to get a delicious cocktail at the bar before they shut down. Lots of penny slots, more of them than anything. A decent selection. Did not play the tables. Even past 2am the staff was friendly. Used valet for $5, good idea since I didn't have to worry about losing my keys. Love that its non smoking so I wasn't gagging in there. Restrooms were very easy to find and had a lot. Free soft drinks, coffee, and hot chocolate ( several beverage stations ). The only eating spot open was the grill. I got the jumbo hot dog and fries and husband got the chicken salad on croissant. He said the chicken salad was good do I'll take his word for it. Hot dog was thick, juicy, needed 2 buns and was excellent munchie food. Lost 60 on the penny slots fast, but the other people we went with played for an hour on a dollar so I guess I just had bad luck.

All in all, if you don't mind losing money, it's good.

1  Thank Browneyedgirl1987