“Poor Service and even worse pit workers!”

Hollywood Casino Columbus
Ranked #52 of 167 things to do in Columbus
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Last night a dealer t LIR had NO clue how to deal or game rules. Most got up & left. I got attn of a pit mgr...his response was yeah, we r short handed, I said that doesn't make it ok, he said whatever, sure. This is why I go to Cleveland Horseshoe & Scioto. Hollywood has no commitment to service.

6  Thank Susan J
in 9 reviews
"garage"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Hollywood Casino has hosted my nonprofit organization's holiday party for two years. The banquet facilities are sometimes overlooked and they are a star for the Hollywood Casino. The food display, variety and service was excellent. We also have had dinner in some of the restaurants and the experience is always fun and food is good. We don't gamble, but the Hollywood Casino is a great place to watch sporting events, too, in the "oh" Bar.

2  Thank Jane S
Reviewed February 18, 2014

First, I'd like to point out that this is definitely not Vegas and you will not find cocktail waitresses walking around handing out drinks. So if you go expecting that you will be disappointed. Also, state law says they can't serve drinks after 1:45 which was crummy when you get there at 1:30am. But I was able to get a delicious cocktail at the bar before they shut down. Lots of penny slots, more of them than anything. A decent selection. Did not play the tables. Even past 2am the staff was friendly. Used valet for $5, good idea since I didn't have to worry about losing my keys. Love that its non smoking so I wasn't gagging in there. Restrooms were very easy to find and had a lot. Free soft drinks, coffee, and hot chocolate ( several beverage stations ). The only eating spot open was the grill. I got the jumbo hot dog and fries and husband got the chicken salad on croissant. He said the chicken salad was good do I'll take his word for it. Hot dog was thick, juicy, needed 2 buns and was excellent munchie food. Lost 60 on the penny slots fast, but the other people we went with played for an hour on a dollar so I guess I just had bad luck.

All in all, if you don't mind losing money, it's good.

1  Thank Browneyedgirl1987
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Pros: Very clean, non-smoking casino that feels much more like Vegas, less than Atlantic City (all good things). Parking is also similar to Vegas, with lots of levels to climb, but the walks are short.

Entertainment is excellent

Great place to watch sporting events on their extensive big screen system

Cons: table games are way too expensive. $25 Blackjack? Come on!

Best I have done on slot machines was to net $20. I easily win 10x to 20x at the other casino in town at most visits.

3  Thank Philip P
See more reviews
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Pros:
• Big new casino / over 70 table games / more than 2,500 slots / 36 live poker tables
• Non-smoking!!!
• Huge Hi Def TV screens, great for watching OSU games at the O.H. bar.
• Excellent live entertainment
• Free soft drinks and coffee.

Cons:
• The biggest drawback to the Hollywood, Columbus is that it's an expensive place to gamble. Don't expect to find $5 tables here. The minimum most of the time is $15 (when they first opened it was $25). Off peak hours can go down to $10.
• Food is expensive and in some cases not the best quality.
If you would like more info about local casinos go to: www.BuckeyeStateGambler.com.

4  Thank BuckeyeStateGambler