“not close to vegas but still nice”

Hollywood Casino Columbus
Ranked #51 of 166 things to do in Columbus
Reviewed February 18, 2014

First, I'd like to point out that this is definitely not Vegas and you will not find cocktail waitresses walking around handing out drinks. So if you go expecting that you will be disappointed. Also, state law says they can't serve drinks after 1:45 which was crummy when you get there at 1:30am. But I was able to get a delicious cocktail at the bar before they shut down. Lots of penny slots, more of them than anything. A decent selection. Did not play the tables. Even past 2am the staff was friendly. Used valet for $5, good idea since I didn't have to worry about losing my keys. Love that its non smoking so I wasn't gagging in there. Restrooms were very easy to find and had a lot. Free soft drinks, coffee, and hot chocolate ( several beverage stations ). The only eating spot open was the grill. I got the jumbo hot dog and fries and husband got the chicken salad on croissant. He said the chicken salad was good do I'll take his word for it. Hot dog was thick, juicy, needed 2 buns and was excellent munchie food. Lost 60 on the penny slots fast, but the other people we went with played for an hour on a dollar so I guess I just had bad luck.

All in all, if you don't mind losing money, it's good.

1  Thank Browneyedgirl1987
in 7 reviews
"concert"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Pros: Very clean, non-smoking casino that feels much more like Vegas, less than Atlantic City (all good things). Parking is also similar to Vegas, with lots of levels to climb, but the walks are short.

Entertainment is excellent

Great place to watch sporting events on their extensive big screen system

Cons: table games are way too expensive. $25 Blackjack? Come on!

Best I have done on slot machines was to net $20. I easily win 10x to 20x at the other casino in town at most visits.

3  Thank Philip P
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Pros:
• Big new casino / over 70 table games / more than 2,500 slots / 36 live poker tables
• Non-smoking!!!
• Huge Hi Def TV screens, great for watching OSU games at the O.H. bar.
• Excellent live entertainment
• Free soft drinks and coffee.

Cons:
• The biggest drawback to the Hollywood, Columbus is that it's an expensive place to gamble. Don't expect to find $5 tables here. The minimum most of the time is $15 (when they first opened it was $25). Off peak hours can go down to $10.
• Food is expensive and in some cases not the best quality.
If you would like more info about local casinos go to: www.BuckeyeStateGambler.com.

4  Thank BuckeyeStateGambler
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We went to the buffet at the Hollywood Casino in Columbus Ohio on a Tuesday, not knowing that on every Tuesday, senior citizens receive a half-price discount. We came to find that on Wednesdays, any government and/or state employee receive the half-price discount. For $6.99, we were offered a large salad bar with many, many options, five kinds of pasta, 6 types of meats, 5 kinds of pizza, Chinese cuisine, seafood and much more. At least 30 different types of desserts and a drink. The food was absolutely delicious, served at the proper temperature and constantly being refilled. The staff was so friendly and never did I have to ask to have my drink refilled. We live 3 hours away and that makes me sad because I would be there to gamble and eat every Tuesday.