“It's NO Vegas!”

Hollywood Casino Columbus
Ranked #49 of 160 things to do in Columbus
Reviewed March 5, 2013

It's humungous! It shines "bright like a diamond." There are lot of lights every where. If you miss this place, than, you are truly blind!
Like most places, there are entrances for the "VIP," garage parking and self parking. I was lucky enough to only have to circle around the parking lot one time and then I found a front row spot. Bam! We arrived here around 11:00 p.m. to attend both the casino and "party with the pros" event. Have your i.d. ready because they do "card." I'm really NOT a "gambler" but I do like going out and having a good time. There were slot machines every where and card tables too. If you're use to playing in Vegas, than erase your thoughts before you enter. This is NOT Vegas. The card table entry fee was $25 to start-pretty pricey! The slot machines were "normal" priced. The machines ranged from .$01-$20.00. I played the penny and nickle slots. It doesn't seem like there was a great chance at winning, so I stopped playing.
I was here during the grand opening where they offered "free drinks" but, no free food. This time around, they offered unlimited soft drinks, but, you have to pay for alcohol, regardless if you're playing on the slots, at the bar or at the table. That bites! I didn't have to pay for food since there was a food sponsor, if you attended the "party." It was a nice spread!

All reviews
in 85 reviews
in 30 reviews
in 10 reviews

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have visited this casino twice and I was not impressed either time. The table games had a min of 15 dollars which is more than I am willing to pay. My wife and i lost our money very quickly playing the slot machines. I did not notice any players winning at the slot machines. We recieved a promo card in the mail to visit on a specific date to recieve a free pot and pan set. Once we arrived we were told they were out of them but would give us a 15 dollar slot credit.
Although I do not care for this casino it was packed full of people on both of my visits so it appears others like it. We are not big gamblers but perfer the casinos on the Ohio River in Indiana.

3  Thank Alanc125
Reviewed March 4, 2013

hands down worst casino i have set foot in.have played all over the u,s.and hollywood of columbus just dont get it.very rude staff,unprofessional staff, and not gambler freindly,over priced min. bets and very untrained dealers. granted only open a few months but get a clue indiana riverboats are still the answear

5  Thank mike h
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Casino was spacious and had a variety of slot machines. Eating was a little expensive in my opinion.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've been to Hollywood Columbus numerous times and really enjoyed myself. There have been some great bands playing that are based here in Columbus as well as some pretty big name acts. All the food I've had has been excellent and I've eaten in the Epic buffet, the OH restaurant and in the grill. It's priced reasonably and portions are more than adequate.

On the weekends they have some great bands playing. I've seen lots of my favorite locals groups as well as a couple of big time national acts like Tonic. The service staff in the bar is the one area I think they could really step it up and the main reason I didn't give the place 5 stars. It seems they are either over or under staffed but never seem to get the ratios just right.

I'm not a big gambler but as others have said the minimums are kinda high but if you know it going in and plan accordingly you won't be disappointed. I like that there is enough to do that I can go out there with some friends and even if they gamble a lot more then I do there is plenty else to do and see.

The place is very clean and still has that new car smell. I'm looking forward to catching Morris Day this weekend...unbelievable that this is a free show. Free parking, free admission and free concert. LOVE IT!