“The best casino outside of Las Vegas”

Hollywood Casino Columbus
Ranked #33 of 157 things to do in Columbus
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I absolutely hated the Hollywood Casino in Lawrenceburg, IN - and was not excited about seeing them in Ohio. I gave the Toledo casino a nice review, and just came back from the Columbus version. What a great venue - easy to get to, good service - free pop self service - and plenty of things to do if you're done gambling. There OH lounge is right in the middle of the action, with large screens over 50ft. diagonal overhead, and reasonable prices on the ground. Even if you don't gamble, the place is great for an evening out.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Traveling from Waterville Ohio (Toledo Hollywood casino) to Columbus, my husband and I were thrilled with the new casino in Columbus. It has Toledo beat by a mile.

Starting from the outside...there are large screens promoting the attractions. The casino is easy to find. Parking is easy. Inside is clean, exciting and full of people. Gaming tables were filled to capacity. Slots were fun and plentiful. Food was good. Announcements were peppy and informative.

We really felt as though we were in Vegas.

Good job, Columbus Hollywood Casino.

1  Thank ToledoRiver
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have to say, overall I enjoyed the new casino. My only let down was that I like to play blackjack on a machine. I'm cheap and I don't like to bet $15 or more on a hand. If you like slot machines you will not be disapointed and there was a nice selection of table games as well. The live music playing was a very nice bonus and after seeing some of the upcoming acts, I plan on returning. Another nice thing was the free soda stations around the casino. No need to wait for a server if all you really want is a coke product.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Didn't have very high expectations going in, but the casino is beautiful. Staff was professional and friendly. Paying for drinks is the norm now I guess, but the prices were a bit high. Would have stayed if they had a hotel.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This casino is worst of the worst. They have no clue how to treat people. Expect to be ripped off in each and every game. Rules: Blackjack can AA can split only once / no double down, No surrender , Plus dealers make mistakes in paying all the time. You have to keep count yourself if you dont want to be ripped off. Craps: Can only do 2x odds bet. All casinos offer at least 3x, at least where I have been. Poker: There are all the professionals working together. I was winning at the game and having a few drinks , all the professionals started ganging up on me. Calliing the clock in 5 sec / asking floor to have my chips arranged in other order etc the BS kept going on and on. And they all do this together if someone outside is winning. Worst thing was the idiot dealer also called floor within 5 sec of action coming to me , and floor also did not see what was going on and instead got me warned. If you go there to have fun you better go somewhere else. POKER is not where you will have fun since all the grumpy working together. The only time they talk is when that are trying to get on nerves of some outsider. Worst experience of playing poker. And Yeah on table games there is guys watching you all the time. One time a dealer paid me extra 25 bucks and floor came running in 2 mins and asked me to give it back. I wonder they do the same when dealer underpays ....Nope never had anyone running and telling the dealer you did not pay enough....you have to do that yourself. Beers are 4/5 dollars. Waitresses forget your orders sometimes. You have stand in a long queue in the bar. Half the staff just want to take advantage of you. Some waitresses wont even return the change until you ask. If you give 20 bill for a beer especially while playing they will purposly wait there hoping you forget to take change. This has been really worst customer service ever in a casino. Also half the dealers dont even know the rules of the game they are dealing in ...absolte worst. They have to make that 500 mil invested so all the games are at worst. I have not seen any game which is not completely the worst offering in terms of odds.

9  Thank sachu m