“Would be better with lower table limits”

Hollywood Casino Columbus
Ranked #33 of 148 things to do in Columbus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Would be better with lower table limits”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

As far as the casino itself, it was amazingly clean, bright and nicely laid out. We went for dinner and play on a Friday night. The O.H. restaurant/sports bar was good with large portions. Prices were reasonable.
I was disappointed that the slots did not include a lot of the newest ones that I saw at others.
The table games are ridiculous for this market. $15 at slow times and $25 on the weekends, even the Bellagio in Vegas has $5 and $10 tables, and this is not even close to the same level. Lower some of the tables please.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank gymjudge

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“wow”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Nice design. Interior is beautiful. Large lots of room. Not crowded even with lots of people there.
I like the slots. Left over $55 ahead. Yeah. It was fun. Will visit the Hollywood Casino again. Plan on amount to spend before I go. When its gone Day of slots is over.

Have not tried the restuarnts yet. Maybe in acouple months.

Delaware, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Not Las Vegas, but still fun”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I like the Casino up in Toledo better, but the one in Columbus is ok too. The buffet is not terrible, but it isn't wonderful either. Just average.

Visited December 2012
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (I felt it needed a "Hollywood" title)”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Weeknights are the best time to go. Weekends can be crazy busy. I agree with most people when I (as they) say the table bets are too high. I won't even consider them because of the price. A couple of $5 minimum tables would be great and would stay full with no problem. There are tons of slots so if that's your game you'll be in heaven. Drink prices aren't bad considering the setting. Servers are hit or miss so if you don't want to wait visit a beer stand or head to the bar. The food at the o.h. to me is the best value. The pretzel on the appetizer menu is a must try. It's huge and worth the $9 price tag (just don't try to go at it alone...you'll need back up). I feel the buffet is overpriced for what they offer and the Final Cut steak house was overpriced for the quality of the food and for the service. It's really pretty though. The Take Two Grill is worthless with a very minimal selection. The outside lacks pizzazz and the color is vile! The decor on the inside of the casino is a bit odd. Some parts are very glitz and glam and other parts fall short (the carpet is hideous in my opinion). Overall it's worth a try if you're visiting the area or live close.

2 Thank GatorGirl32548
Fredericktown,OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ok Visit”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We usually go to Wheeling,Meadowlands,Erie,Seneca,Cherokee,Bel Terra. So we thought we would try this Casino in our own state. I was impressed with the area itself but of course its new. The staff was friendly. Didnt see anyone comming around for drinks. We each took fifty in played about half hour, Yes that was it! I dont really expect to win much,but I enjoy when the machine lets you win enough to play for awhile. We didnt eat at the Buffet we heard to many warnings to stay away from it. We smoke but wasnt in there long enough to have to worry about going out for one lol. So far we have not recieved any kind of promo from this casino. Its close so I would probably go agian.

2 Thank marykate1966