Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewseaston mallreading lightsthe american girl storebath bodynice temperaturefront deskcinnamon rollswould stay here againpool and jacuzzipancake machineshuttle driverrecently stayed herelarge tvmorning breakfastshort drivefree breakfast isstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel from Sat-Mon and were pleased overall. I called ahead of time and requested to be near the end of a hallway to cut down on people walking by late in the evening because our toddler goes to sleep early, and the front desk assigned our room at that time, which was nice. We arrived around 5:30pm and did not have a wait at the front desk. The clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, though when we moved a stationary chair, a candy bar wrapper (that wasn't ours) rolled across the floor. We were short 1 towel, but the front desk quickly provided 1 upon request. The pool and hot tub were small for the size of the hotel, but it wasn't a problem even when the hotel was relatively full. We had no problem getting a table at breakfast either morning, though on Sunday morning they were much better at refilling the breakfast items and were much friendlier than on the quiet Monday morning. My older daughter loved being able to simply push a button to get pancakes and loved the cinnamon rolls. The breakfast selection was pretty standard, and most everything tasted good.
Two of us used the shuttle to go to Easton on Monday morning, but we didn't call for a return pick up. We asked the front desk on Sun evening about getting the shuttle, and it was there and waiting in plenty of time. Since it was raining, the driver was kind enough to drop us off at the front door of the American Girl store.

Note: If you have a young one who drinks milk at bedtime, be sure to pick it up before you get to the hotel. The pantry items available for purchase surprisingly did not include milk, and the front desk told us they did not have access to the breakfast beverages, so we had to leave the hotel the first night to buy milk.

Overall: While we would prefer to stay within walking distance of the shops at Easton, we would definitely return to this Holiday Inn due to the value and cleanliness of the hotel.

Overall:

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you so much for writing a review on your stay. I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed stay with us and I will make sure the staff sees your comments. We will also address the housekeeping item as well as what options we may have to have milk in the our suite shop. Thank you again for your business and let us know if you have any other comments or concerns regarding your stay.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this new hotel. Our accommodations were nice and the hotel was clean. Hotel management was very helpful and kind. Kids enjoyed the pool and even the pull out sofa bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Thank you for this great review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with the staff. If you have any other comments on your stay please feel free to reach out to me. Thank you again and I hope we get to see you the next time you are in Columbus.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed for a swim meet at OSU. The hotel is beautiful! Great room, comfortable beds, nice big tv and fridge was great for keeping snacks cold. Front desk staff was professional and quick with checking us in. Although we didn't have the opportunity to get to Easton to shop, it is so convenient that we will stay here again when we plan an a shopping trip!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for taking time out to write a great review on your stay. I will make sure the staff sees these comments. Remember when you come back to go shopping at Easton that we have a free shuttle from the hotel to Easton. Thank you again and please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because we were doing a wine and food pairing event at Easton and did not want to drive. The male receptionist was so helpfu, informative, and friendly as well as our shuttle driver driver to Easton. This service was included and just what we needed to be safe. Our room was so clean, beds comfortable, and the huge TV and fridge made our late night snacking and girl time super fun. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank HeatherMcG2
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you so much for the great comments on your stay with us. I am glad we were able to take care of you during your stay and I will make sure the entire staff sees these comments. I hope we see you again when you are in Columbus and let me know if you have any questions. Thank you

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here for a cheer competition February 21-23. Rooms are very clean, beds comfortable and nice bedding. Bathrooms are well appointed and clean as well. Breakfast was included, we tried it on the Sunday and it was nice. Every staff member I came across was fantastic, I cannot say enough about how nice everyone was. We did not need our room cleaned the Saturday and the house cleaner wanted to ensure we had enough clean towels, soap and that our garbage was emptied. She was concerned we didn't want it cleaned due to the time she was there and offered to come later but we were happy with clean towels. Parking was also included and there were lots of spaces, the lot was also well lit. Close to a nice shopping area and lots of near by restaurants. My only issue with the whole hotel was other guests. Running from room to room slamming their door on the security bar and running in the room above us all the time. It was almost 1:00am before the slamming stopped, not nice when you are getting up at 5:30am to get ready for your competition. I do wish hotels that are having sports teams would have someone patrol the hallways periodically to ensure this wasn't happening. It is intimidating to confront people who are drinking and running from room to room on your own. Other guests who are inconsiderate can really cost hotels return business so it would be a good investment on the hotel's part. If I am back in Columbus I would definitely return here as the rooms are clean and the staff wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for writing a review on your stay. We pride ourselves to be the cleanliest and friendliest hotel in Columbus so I am glad you were able to experience that. I apologize for the other guests being loud during your stay and that we were not able to quiet them down in a timely manner. We are looking into the best ways to monitor this issue moving forward so we can accommodate all of our guests. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in Columbus.