“Great property, great location!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton
Ranked #34 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1 week on business, new modern hotel. Excellent customer service. I was upgraded to a king suite without asking. Room was clean, comfortable , and spacious. Bed was comfortable and hotel was quiet, so I slept
well. Location was great with access to Easton Town centre.

• Stayed: August 2013
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for taking time out to write a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our Executive King Suite. I have shared your comments with the staff and I hope we get to see you next time when your in Columbus.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The staff was awesome!! So friendly and helpful. Location was nice close to Easton but not at Easton price. Had a great over night stay. Will return there again when we are in Columbus!! Rooms are very modern and clean. Loved how there were electrical outlets that were accessable, not having to unplug anything to charge our phone. The TV was very nice. AC ran great all night.

• Stayed: August 2013
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking time out to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will make sure the whole staff sees your comments. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Columbus.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Arrived at airport, called for shuttle, was told it's 'unavailable' - was forced to take a cab. Upon entry to room, found hair on the bathroom floor, no coffee maker. Hotel does not have down/feather pillows, only very firm poly fill - for persons with neck issues, or stomach sleepers, this is a major issue. Linens had brown stains on one of the beds. Requested room be serviced at 12:45pm, returned at 5pm, room never cleaned. Staff is inexperienced, and service is non-existent. Don't be fooled because it's a 'new' property. My stay was miserable - I won't make the same mistake again & will never patronize this chain ever again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

I would like to first thank you for taking time out to share your comments since we are always looking for ways to improve. I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues you had during your stay and I am working with my Executive Housekeeper to address the situation. I do understand that we paid for a cab and bought a feather pillow for you for the issues that you mentioned. I apologize by doing this we still did not provide a satisfying resolution during your stay. If there is anything I can do to make up for your experience with us please email me personally so I can take care of it. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
jake.odare@lin-gate.com

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I booked the king executive suite because my sister and I were traveling with my brother and since there were 3 of us we needed some extra room. This brand new hotel was great from time of checkin which was a breeze and as we were going to our room, the housekeeping staff told us to be sure to let us know if we needed anything.

The suite has 1 and 1/2 bathrooms which was great for us since my brother slept on the sofa bed in the living room. Large flat screen tv's in both rooms and plenty of electrical outlets for plugging in all of our gadgets.

Huge bathroom in the bedroom with walk in oversized walk in shower and jacuzzi tub.

Breakfast was very nice and area was kept clean and replenished all morning.

Will definitely stay here the next time we are going to Easton Mall.

Good job IHG.

Room Tip: Go for the king executive suite - well worth the few extra dollars!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PAULALAW

Thank you for taking time out to write a review on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved our Executive Suite. I have shared your comments with the rest of the staff. If you have any other comments or questions regarding your stay or future stay please feel free to reach out to me.
jake.odare@lin-gate.com

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

One of the best experiences I have had at a hotel. It is new so of course it was clean and in good condition. The staff was great. Workout facilities were great. Internet allowed me to watch movies online. Room set up was out of this world: tv on the wall, black out curtain actually blacked out the room and the best part was the shower, it was a big walkin shower with doors no curtain. Very impressed. Stay here! We will be back!! Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on July 16, 2013. My friend and I took our children to visit the newly opened American Girl Doll Store at Easton Town Center. We couldn't have been happier with our stay.
Got a great AAA rate online and check in was a breeze. The staff was wonderful, and having suspected we were there for the AG experience (all girls came in carrying their dolls), they discreetly asked if we were there to visit a "special place", not naming AG. This was great, since it was a surprise for the girls!
Staff was very friendly with the kids and very accommodating. Pool area was nice and clean; my only complaint here is the small towels that are in the pool area. I would advise bringing a towel from your room or better yet, just bringing your own beach towels, if you plan to dry off more than just one leg.
The room was fantastic-large and roomy and really clean. The beds have reading lights attached to them! The TV screen is HUGE and rotates so that you may point it toward one bed or another. Loved the fact that the air conditioner had a setting would allow for the fan to run continuously. Hate it when hotel air conditioner fans go on and off during the night-they always wake me up. Although initially the fan was loud, it did "settle down" and was not loud at all after that-had it on the entire time that morning (keep in mind it was 94 degrees when we visited so I'm sure it was working overtime!)
Complimentary breakfast was great-good selection and cinnamon rolls to die for!
The only real "issue" I had was that the phone in the room was not plugged in so I wasn't able to call for a wake up call but no big deal as there was an alarm clock in the room. Told the desk about it the next morning and they seemed like they would get on it right away but I told them it wasn't necessary since I was checking out.
Overall, great staff and great hotel-would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking time out to write a review. I am glad to see that the girls enjoyed their surprise at the American Girl store and everyone enjoyed their stay with us. We did get the phone issue corrected so I apologize again for that. I will make sure the entire staff sees your review and hopefully we will see you again when you visit Columbus.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This stay was one of the best I have ever experienced at any hotel. The staff was very attentive to our needs, and the room was beautiful. We stayed in the King suite room 401, which is spectacular. Will definitely be my place to stay in Columbus when visiting there in the future. They have free shuttle service to the huge shopping center close by. Special thanks to Amelia and Jasmyn for making our stay one of the best we have ever had.

Room Tip: room 401 is a suite but well worth the extra money. Master bath has enormous garden tub and huge wal...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time out to write a review on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Executive Suite and I will make sure Amelia and Jasmyn gets recognized for their service. If you have any other comments you would like to share with me about your stay or a future stay please feel free to reach out to me.