1,945 results
All reviews convention center north market the executive lounge short north nationwide arena beautiful hotel self park high street within walking distance parking garage restaurants and bars hockey game business trip called the front desk valet atrium conference
Reviewed March 30, 2017

The hotel offers a walk bridge to the Convention Center. We had a nice clean room with a King size bed. In-room coffee was just okay, but not like the coffee that the Hampton Inn offers, which, if you’ve read my other reviews know I really like. Coffee in the hotel restaurant was good. They also offered Udi’s gluten free bread!! The bathroom feels new and is bright, with a walk-in shower. The room had a nice lighted make-up mirror! YES! I usually have an issue with bathroom lighting and being able to get close to the mirror to put on my make-up. I was also pleased with the size of the bathroom and nice long shelf above the sink to keep things dry. Good sized closet. There was very little space in the room to practice yoga without a yoga mat. The bed was comfy and there was a fridge in the room.
Two railroad tracks are next to the building and if your room is on the south side you will hear the trains, which is not too loud. Motorcycles on High Street were louder and more annoying.
The North Market is just a block away and I recommend repeated visits. Last time I was in Columbus I stayed at the Hampton Inn which is just two blocks away.
There is a free circulator bus (CBUS) that runs on High Street so you can explore the downtown area to the Brewery District, etc., and there is an AirConnect bus to and from the airport for only $2.75. You can catch it right in front of the Convention Center.
Complaints: The bathroom had one towel bar. There were two hooks in the bathroom but they were on the wall away from the sink. There really was no handy place to hang a hand towel. The hooks were nice for hanging my bathrobe.
The air vent flows over the desk. Every time I was sitting at the desk and the fan came on I became chilled. I have to work when I travel so being comfortable while I work is important. And of course, because I’m petite, the chairs were too big.
There is no drug store like a CVS or Rite Aid downtown. People forget things sometimes! There is a convenience store over near the Arena which has a better and cheaper offering than the hotel gift shop. Try not to forget anything!

Room tip: Rooms on the southside are near the railroad tracks.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Thank you for your review, Stephanie. I'm thrilled to hear you had a great stay, took full advantage of the amenities offered at our hotel, and enjoyed our convenient location. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as we are constantly striving to improve upon our products and services. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Stayed here for a week for a convention. Perfect location adjacent to the convention center and the Short North.

I can't speak highly enough about the staff. Every interaction was helpful, kind, and responsive. I particularly appreciate Sabrina's help as I checked out. There was some complication about my bill (not due to the hotel), and she was caring and helpful. I highly appreciate her customer service skills.

The room was clean and comfortable. It was a standard king room, and spacious enough. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was clean. I appreciate the eco-friendly policies as well.

I ate several meals in the Gallerie restaurant. They were all tasty and of high quality with good service.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: I liked the room with an outside view rather than an atrium view.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your review, Laura. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and dining experiences at Gallerie Bar & Bistro! It is our pleasure to provide you with the best possible experience. Thank you for recognizing Sabrina's fantastic service; I will be sure to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

The room was great. The food was even better. They have a breakfast buffet in the morning that is a bit spendy, but good if you want to start your day with a big meal. I was here for a conference, but it would be a great spot for vacationers as well. It is in a great area with a lot of good restaurants in walking distance. The only issue was the wifi was horrible. It constantly bumped me.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, Aimee. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed a delicious meal at Gallerie Bar & Bistro and took advantage of our central location. We apologize for your issues with WiFi and have shared your feedback with our IT department. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2017

room was very spacious and clean. stayed here before and will stay here again in the future. the locations is great for restaurants and how close it is to the arena for blue jackets games. the hotel has everything you would need to enjoy yourself for your stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, James. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your spacious suite and took advantage of our central location. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2017

Executive Lounge was nice and spacious with an above-average breakfast. Fitness Center was top-notch too. Everyone was very friendly. In town for a Blue Jackets game and the location could not have been more convenient (easy 5 min walk). Many good restaurants within walking distance, too. Just an overall great place to stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our Fitness Center, Executive Lounge, and central location! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.