“Comfortable room”

Hilton Columbus Downtown
Ranked #6 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The bed was comfortable. The room was clean and had lots of lights so you could make it bright if you wanted to. The staff was friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to tell me about the restaurants in the area. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance and there is a free bus that runs in the downtown area. I will stay here again the next time I am in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write. The CBUS circulator is a great way to get around to the nearby districts, and we’re glad you had the opportunity to explore. Next time you’ll have to try our restaurant, Gallerie – fantastic menu options and we are very proud of the locally sourced ingredients.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Columbus Downtown

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Nice hotel. Clean. Attached to the conference center where my meetings were. Diamond Lounge was excellent. Staff was very helpful and nice. Enjoyed my stay. Would recommend this hotel to other business travelers.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Great! Glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you taking the time to write of your experience.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I normally don't sleep well away from home but the bedding was so comfortable, I slept like a baby. I would highly recommend this hotel as it is practically right beside Nationwide Arena and several nice restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Robin M

Thank you for your review! We’re happy to hear you slept well away from home and that you enjoyed the surrounding area. We are right in the center of it all in downtown Columbus! We hope to see you again soon for a return visit.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Booked the hotel due to being across the street from the convention center and glad I chose it. Very clean, cozy & modern room. Huge bathroom and bed was very comfortable. Walk in, tiled shower was nice as well. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly D

Thank you for taking the time to write. As you mentioned, we are right across from the Convention Center and we’re glad to hear you found it convenient to get there from the hotel. We appreciate your comments on the hotel design!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

As a Platinum member of Hilton and top tier preferred member of Marriott and IHG I probably travel more than the average person. For this reason I can honestly say that a considerable amount of effort is required to stand out among the others, particularly those of us who frequently travel.

This is the first time I've stayed in the Hilton Columbus Downtown and couldn't be more pleased! Upon arrival the exterior was nice and a parking garage is located next to the hotel with self-parking or valet. The lobby is very modern and contains some extremely interesting art exhibited on the walls - very unique and beautiful already peaking my interests. I had the pleasure of having Cindy greet me at the front desk who noted my preferred status and upgrade request. She laughed at my comments and let me know that she would like nothing more than to accommodate my request by upgrading me to the Presidential Suite. The room had to be prepared and she happily took my luggage and allowed me to enjoy a nice snack and beverage in the concierge lounge or 2nd floor lounge.

Once I relaxed at the bar in the open lounge with a fantastic beverage I was informed my room was ready. I've had the privilege to stay at some incredible resorts and penthouse upgrades during several years of traveling and can assure you that the Presidential Suite at the Hilton Columbus Downtown is nothing short of spectacular! Located on the 11th floor I walked into the entrance foyer and was greeted by more interesting artwork and a restroom to accommodate your guests. A living room was directly ahead with a sectional sofa split in two with plenty of space to relax in front of the large LED TV screen. Floor to ceiling windows provided a great view of the city with yes, powered curtains and shades. Connected to the great room to the rear was a room containing a huge desk and counter for working. To the side was a very large meeting area with more artwork and more views of the city with yet another electronically controlled window. Opposite the meeting area and across the living room was the bedroom containing a king size bed and beautiful decor again looking out over the city with floor to ceiling views and electronically controlled curtains. Walking through the bedroom brought me to the sitting room and changing area containing two closets, mirrored sitting area and comfortable furniture. The master bath was located off the sitting area containing a separate restroom and double vanity with plenty of space. The vanity room was directly off of the master bathroom with a very comfortable chair and another big screen tv. Most notable was the enormous walk-in shower area with spa tub.

The pictures provided simply cannot show how fantastic the suite was and I'm certain that it would easily hold it's own compared to any other hotel in Columbus. Thanks to all of the staff for going out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible and a special thanks to Cindy for making a very memorable visit to Columbus and will be sure to stay here again with all future travel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Wow, thank you for taking the time to post such a thoughtful review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay! I have shared your comments with the team and Cindy in particular through our Team Member recognition program. I am fortunate to work with a group of such service-oriented professionals. We look forward to welcoming you back for your future visits! Thank you again.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel is wonderful! Staff is extremely helpful and friendly and the hotel itself and all of its amenities is top of the line and very classy! I would recommend this hotel to everyone! You won't be disappointed!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write. Your kind comments are appreciated. I am glad to hear you were pleased with the service you received from the team.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We booked this hotel over a year ago for a Conference. We were like cats on a hot tin roof the first day. The staff put us at ease the moment we walked in to the Hilton. Our 4 day Conference was a Smashing Success. I love my Downtown Hilton and would do it all over again with the crew we had.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lynnvara

We’re so glad you had a successful conference! Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to your return visit.