Hilton Columbus Downtown
$163
$149
  • Breakfast included
1,818 results
All reviewsconvention centernorth marketthe executive loungeshort northbeautiful hotelself parknationwide arenahigh streetwithin walking distanceparking garagerestaurants and barshockey gameexcellent staybusiness tripcalled the front deskvaletatrium
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Clean, new, great service, walking distance to the heart of all nightlife. Great fitness center, restaurants, pool and spa. Such a nice hotel the Cleveland Cavaliers Basketball team and Vancouver Canucks hockey team stayed here the same weekend. Not overpriced either. Won't go wrong here.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The location is great, and it's everything you'd expect from a new, downtown hotel. If you're expecting a view of the skyline, be aware that many rooms have windows that face the indoor atrium and/or other rooms, not the city. Assuming that you're not sightseeing (um, because it's Columbus), this is the place to stay in the Short North.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. There is a lot of sightseeing to do in Columbus, such as the Columbus Commons, Scioto Mile, German Village, Short North, University District, and Arena District - all within walking distance from our hotel! Most visitors that come to Columbus are pleasantly surprised with the amount of things to see & do. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Located on North High Street, this hotel is near COSI, the statehouse, walking distance to the "Short North", walk to both the start and finish lines of the Columbus Marathon, walk to great downtown restaurants, walk to the popular North Market, Ohio State just down the road a few blocks, close to everything. Walking bridge from the hotel to the convention center as well!
Our 10th floor room had great views of downtown all up and down High Street, beautiful. Had our window shades open all the time. This hotel is pet friendly. The hotel was immaculately clean. Great breakfast buffet, also has a bar which serves finger foods as well. Has an on-site restaurant for dinner, but with so many good restaurants nearby, why eat overpriced hotel food?
Many large conference rooms for business, a pool, connected to a parking garage for convenience.
Overall a great hotel in a great location.
Why not 5 stars? Two things- first, I asked for an upper floor quiet room, and the room I had was beautiful with great views, but it was right over train tracks with a train blowing it's horn every night around 2:00 a.m., waking us up every night. Not a quiet room.
Also, my on-line reservation had one price but the hotel wanted to charge me a higher price because I asked for a quiet room and they put me on the 10th floor, thus they wanted to charge me an "upgrade" without telling me about it first. I discovered this by looking at my bank account on-line before I left. I said no way, honor the reservation price, I didn't ask to be upgraded- I just asked for a quiet room. They did end up honoring the reservation price, but be careful. Check your bank account before you leave. And if you have more than one electronic device that connects to their wi-fi, they will initially charge you for each device you connect instead of one total connection per day. They will correct this upon checkout but watch this too.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from train tracks!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and glad that you generally enjoyed your stay. I sincerely apologize for any miscommunication on the requested upgrade to “upper floor quiet room.” Upper floors are an upgrade and do have a modest price difference from a standard room, but certainly this should have been relayed and agreed upon at check-in and regret if this was not the case. It certainly is not our practice to modify the rate without such agreement and glad it was corrected for you. Similarly, as is noted on the in-room collateral, the wifi system does charge per device but the desk will correct this upon departure. Unfortunately, there is no way around this manual correction due to system limitations; the desk typically catches this before the guest departs. As noted, the hotel location is ideal though street noise is part of an urban setting. Special noise-dampening glass was utilized during construction to minimize any disturbance. I hope that you will have an opportunity to try the Gallerie Bar & Bistro on a future visit. It has been recognized as one of the best restaurants in town with very competitive pricing; not your typical hotel restaurant by any means.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My daughter and I were in town for a 10k run in downtown Columbus. I searched for a hotel close enough we could walk to and from the Commons and avoid driving. The Hilton fit this requirement. We also only wanted to stay one night and most hotels were requiring a two night stay. After speaking to the reservation person, we booked a room. She was very accommodating and helped us book only what we needed. Upon arrival, the valet allowed us to park our car and watched over it so we could unload and check-in before we headed out to explore the town. The staff at the desk were excellent. They gave us bottled ester upon check-in which was so nice since traveling always dehydrates me.
The room and the bathroom was large and very inviting. It was exceptional clean and well light. The beds and pillows ( yeah) were extremely comfortable and I sleep very well. I usually don't do well the first night in a hotel but I was pleasantly surprised.
We did not get the chance to check out any additional features of the hotel because it was a quick trip. I would definitely return and stay for a few days. It it is located perfectly for downtown activities: bars, restaurants, the Blue Jackets and concerts.

Room Tip: I would not take a corner room again. The street noise was distracting to a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback on your recent stay and glad you enjoyed your stay! Your gracious comments regarding the attentive service you received from the team are sincerely appreciated. We are most fortunate to be in the midst of such a great neighborhood with super restaurants, galleries, shops, the North Market and the Arena District right outside our doors!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel is beautiful and luxurious. The staff was friendly, helpful and professional. The Hilton has a convenient location with direct access to the Columbus Convention Center. Be prepared to be pampered at this luxurious first class hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful note. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to a return visit soon.