“Hilton Columbus - Downtown”

Hilton Columbus Downtown
Ranked #6 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Excellent stay! Best hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed all over the country and in Europe. Modern styling, large bathroom and shower. King bed was very clean and comfortable. Art work and small hallway/foyer area in room are nice touches. Large flat panel television and the room overlooked the downstairs eatery. Only cons were some slamming doors in the hallway and the internet is not free, which for the price, ($94 per night for exhibitor/conference) should have been inclusive.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write and glad you enjoyed your stay and the conference was successful. Wifi is complimentary throughout all public areas of the hotel and the Connectivity Station includes four terminals with printing capability though the convenience of in-room access does have a charge in order to keep our room rates as competitive as possible.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,758)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hilton. It was clean, comfortable and great location. I would highly recommend it. I enjoyed my breakfast. Staff were respectful and curteous. I would return. I don't know what else to say. It was great!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

That sums it up very nicely indeed! Thank you for taking the time to write and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This location was absolutely fabulous for an convention or event. The hotel is brand new and beautiful. The service was great. The lounge had a cozy atmosphere. The drinks were a little pricey, but this was expected. The pool area had the appearance of an upscale spa. I loved that we were so conveniently situated next to the convention center. We were just a short walk across the enclosed bridge from the site.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was quite compact. This would not work for a baby or pack n play.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

We were honored to host your group and glad to learn your stay was enjoyable and your meeting successful. We appreciate your compliments and look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Hiltons are usually my first choice for a hotel stay.

Pros -
1. Clean - This is my number 1 priority and Hilton did not fail! The room was clean. The bed was clean. The bathroom was clean.
2. Comfortable - The mattress was perfect. The bedding was comfortable and plush. The pillows were plenty. The towels were good sized.
3. Nice Location
4. Nice views
5. Quiet
6. Very Friendly service

Cons
1. My biggest issue... The thermostat would not allow me to set it below 68 degrees. I like a cool room and when you pay $300 a night you should be able to feel cool if you like. Now you may say... 68 is cold enough... but the room never felt like it was at 68, it felt like 73 and we like it cold when we sleep which we weren't. I was annoyed by this... for the price we wanted it cooler especially after walking around downtown and being hot!
2. Parking is expensive!
3. Wish the little store was open later than 9pm. We forgot a few items like contact solution and advil... but the store was closed? Wish the front desk could have unlocked it and let us buy what we needed or supply us with a complementary item. We were stuck without.

Other Neutral observances...
The room was small... We had 2 adults in a king room so it was perfect for us, but if we had brought even 1 of our 3 children it would not have worked. The bathroom was large and felt luxurious. The entryway into the room was big too. Plenty of desk top/dresser top to put luggage and things on. Had the thermostat been free to adjust below 68 I would have ranked 5 star...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and glad you generally enjoyed your stay. While the thermostats do have a set-back control for energy conservation purposes that limits the range between 68 and 75 degrees, we are able to over-ride that with a quick call to the front desk. I regret we were not aware of this during your stay so that we could have made the adjustment immediately. Parking, as in any urban downtown location is not inexpensive and is not included in the rate as not everyone arrives by car. Parking in the attached garage, which is not owned or managed by the hotel, is $20 for self-parking and $24 for valet parking; both options offer unlimited in/out privileges up to 5pm on the day of departure which actually provides an excellent value compared to other nearby lots. The front desk does have complimentary toiletries for those that may have forgotten an item, but unfortunately we cannot access the gift shop after hours as it is leased out to a private entity. We look forward to your return and will be happy to adjust the set back temperature when you check-in; just let us know.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very nice luxury hotel in a great area, in the middle of downtown columbus close to everything. The hotel is nice and clean with all of the extras that make for a delightful stay. Excellent customer service, I was upgraded to a suite at check-in and the room was amazing with a HUGE shower. Bed was comfortable, plenty of lightening and space throughout the room. While I wasnt overly impressed with the breakfast, it could have just been what I ordered. Next time Im in Columbus for work I will return to this hotel. Fabulous Hilton!

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor with a city view, the interior rooms have a view of the inside of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write and so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return trip….and try the Duck Confit Eggs Benedict on the next visit for breakfast!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a great experience at this Hilton. Not only was it reasonably priced, but the service was fabulous! Every employee treated us with the utmost respect. The facility was so clean and new, what's not to love?

Room Tip: We had an upper level room looking to the interior, and thought it was great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Great! Thank you very much for sharing your experience and glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This brand new hotel is beautiful and in a great location, but I was very confused by several things. For one, there is no pay-per-view. I had brought my 2 children and my 2 nephews to the hotel and wanted to lay down in our one bedroom suite while the kids watched TV in the living area. But, with no movies to purchase, they were disappointed....and so was I. I called the front desk and asked that they send up cards or something for them. I was told to go purchase the cards myself somewhere else. I was dismayed at this point...didn't management prepare for the prospect of children? In the morning, we called down to see what the price of the beautiful breakfast buffet was for the children. We were told that there was no break in cost. At $18.00 a child, we chose to bring up the car and head down the street for a less expensive start to our day. When we arrived back to the hotel we were informed by the restaurant that they do offer a kids price for the meal at $10.00 each. Really!!! How does the front desk not know this? I liked the hotel and will return when I just have adults in my party, but over Memorial weekend having booked 3 rooms, 2 of which were suites, I would have thought the hotel would have been more accommodating to kids.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mmaglo

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We choose to provide a residential-style DirecTV television system which features over 120 stations including 65 in HD including premium movie channels such as HBO and various sports packages with channel guide just like home though this does mean there are no PPV movie options on 42” flat screen LCD TVs. We also feature a beautiful indoor pool which is very popular with children. I do apologize for any miscommunication on the cost of the breakfast buffet; indeed, we do offer children pricing on the buffet as a well as a kid’s menu. I will review this further with the team and greatly appreciate you bringing it to our attention.