Hilton Columbus Downtown
$164
$149
  • Breakfast included
1,819 results
All reviewsconvention centernorth marketthe executive loungeshort northbeautiful hotelself parknationwide arenahigh streetwithin walking distanceparking garagerestaurants and barshockey gamebusiness tripcalled the front deskvaletatriumconference
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great large new hotel.

Parking was a little confusing but eventually worked out, it was 14.00 per day in a parking garage.

Check in was easy, Staff extremely friendly.

Rooms very modern and comfortable and clean. Shower was nice could've used more water pressure also no tub in the room.
Fridge, coffee maker and safe In room.

Pool was a little cold hot tub was perfect

I would stay here again and I'm extremely picky with hotels.

Campus German Village and parks are short drive away maybe five minutes. Lots of places to checkout within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jessbess808
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for the note and glad you enjoyed your stay. We also feature valet parking via the motor court entrance off High Street which provides ease of access and convenience. Most rooms do feature large walk-in showers though we do have some rooms with two queen beds which have tubs if that is of importance. We will also check on that pool temperature! Hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great service, very luxurious, very comfortable bed, has Direct TV. Pool could have been better. It is in a great location, right across the street from the convention center and just around the corner from some great bars and diners. We ate at a place called "Knead". I highly recommend going there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write and glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed there for a business meeting being hosted in the hotel. It is new and you can see the effort gone into creating a customer-friendly hotel. It is light, clean, and the rooms are very nice. The bathroom is one of the nicest I've ever been in at a Hilton. Bed was very comfortable. We had lunch at the French bistro and it was good. Colleagues were recommended the hotel for dinner. I'd go out of my way to stay there next visit to Columbus.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cathy377
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

1. Post on your website that there's no unloading zone in front of the hotel; you must park in the garage, and then enter. Explain the entrance to the garage is BEFORE you reach the hotel!
2. Who's bright idea was it to put a double pair of heavy glass doors (opening outward) to go through from the parking garage? Have you even try to open these types of doors while carting 1-2 bags of luggage and totes?
3. Once you get inside, PLEASE put a sign up that says, " Guests should take the elevator to the "L" to check in. You walk into a empty hallway, except for some banquet rooms, and no staff to tell you how to get to the lobby.
4. Disappointed that there were no electrical outlets in the desk area. Had to plug my cell phone on the floor. Heaven forbid I had wanted to connect a laptop.
5. The shelves in the bathroom for my toiletries was nice. Many hotels don't provide the space.
6. Would have been nice to have racks to hang towels on. Did you just want me to leave my used towels on the floor?
Have stayed at a lot of Hiltons. This was a BIG disappointment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sue Ellen W

Thank you for your constructive feedback as we are constantly striving to improve upon our product and services. Based on your notes, I assume you parked in the Vine Street Garage adjacent to the hotel directly, as opposed to entering it from our motor court entrance which allows the opportunity for bellman assistance and the option of valet or self-parking. I will see if we can clarify the directions in some manner, but obviously the location of the entrance depends on the direction of access. All access doors must open out for life safety purposes with each entrance having automated access options and have ordered additional signage for those that do enter this way which we had not expected to be a primary entrance. The motor court is definitely the more convenient access point and will see if we can explain that better. I am a bit stumped on the electrical outlets and towel bars. The rooms feature an abundance of easy-access electrical points both bed-side and at the desk/seating areas and not sure how you might have missed them; it was something that was actually quiet important to the ownership group and they are also installed throughout all public areas by each seat including the restaurant. While the baths do not have towel bars, there are two hooks by the shower in each bathroom for used towels and shelves under the vanity for clean; it was simply a design choice. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I just returned from three nights at the Hilton downtown Columbus. Its a new hotel and the energy is there: employees ready and willing to help you whenever you need it, lots of light, clean, zen-like atmosphere. I was particularly impressed with the staff. They were always helpful and never overbearing, it was just right.
Pros: really nice rooms, very comfortable beds, clean, zen-like bathrooms, large showers with rainfall showerheads, great tvs, and SO QUIET. I never heard a thing once I was in my room. I have no clue how they did that. The hotel is superbly located right across the street from the convention center AND from the North Market. Perfect for lunch or some Jenis ice cream. Just down the road are a plethora of great dining establishments and cute shops.

Cons: They need a larger area that is better staffed for coffee in the morning. The line is outrageously long. I would think that for a huge hotel that caters to the convention center, they would have dedicated a bit more space to coffee/on-the-go snacks, as well as a little more staff so it wouldn't take so long. Another con would be the check out process. I wasn't given the option of "quick check out" like most hotels do, where you can just leave if your bill looks ok (they slide it under the door in other hotels). Instead, I had to stand in a very long line with everyone else checking out at the same time. A little q-tip and cotton ball package in the room would have been really helpful. And what's with the $1.99 normal sized candy bars? I know they upcharge, but that seems out of the realm of reasonable.

All in all, this was a great hotel and I would most definitely recommend it to anyone. I feel refreshed after 3 days there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Les68

Thank you for your note and glad you generally enjoyed your stay. Your gracious comments regarding the attentive service you received from the team are sincerely appreciated. Unfortunately, we have to live with the space provided for the coffee shop, but agree we can manage it better. We actually just opened prior to this weekend’s convention and certainly learned a lot so will improve in those areas quickly. While we do not place the folio under the door upon checkout for LEED purposes, Zip CheckOut is still offered and we email you the receipt instead which works out quite well for most business travelers. I apologize for the line on Saturday as the entire group checked out on their lunch break and simply overwhelmed the desk. We will work on ways to improve that as well. Thank you.