“Healthy eating.”

Pho Chef
Ranked #474 of 2,322 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Traditional Vietnamese noodle soup bowls. Ingredients very fresh.
I had chicken and shrimp soup, combo appetizer. Pretty good.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have been eating the Chicken curry Pho almost every 2 weeks. The noodles are also great here. Worth trying!!!!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was in Columbus looking for a local place with some ethnic flavor and decided to give Pho Chef a whirl. Well, I wasn't disappointed. The food was excellent, and the staff seemed to enjoy introducing my 8 year old son to their cuisine. I've had pho and other Vietnamese dishes and this was right up with the very best of them. The bean sprouts were nice and fresh, and everything was properly done. I would go back any time I'm in Columbus and I feel like having Asian food.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was the 4th or 5th time of my visit. In addition to spring rolls, instead of phos, we ordered two kinds of their spicy noodle soup: spicy round steak and spicy curry chicken. Both of them were spicy enough for me to sweat. Their service was quick and friendly. Personally I like sweet dishes, but my boyfriend agrees with me that spicy curry chicken noodle soup was the best one. At the end of meal, now they served sweet fresh orange slices, just like what typical Chinese restaurants serve in Taiwan- a great, healthy ending for a meal. If you are looking for a fresh bowl of pho anytime, I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I visited this place at noon on Friday, with a group of fifteen little old ladies. In spite of this, the service was amazingly prompt and the food was served within just a few minutes.

The menu is huge because many of the dishes are pictured, and you get what you see. I ordered a dish I couldn't pronounce. It consisted of very wide noodles, chunks of beef, onions, and many bean sprouts. The menu showed a thumbs-up symbol, marking it as a house specialty, but it did not have one of those little chili-pepper warnings alongside. I ordered it anyway.

The ingredients were all fresh and crisp. The beef pieces were nearly rare, not at all overcooked and hard, as so often happens when meat bits are cut small.

I also had a couple of eggrolls, which were nice, and a pot of jasmine tea.

My friends ordered springrolls, which were plump and fresh. Three enormous shrimp were visible through the transparent coverings. They came with a peanut-based dipping sauce which was very different from the sauce I had been given.

The menu doesn't mention dessert; you have to ask. Then, imagine a beer mug filled with snow, crushed almonds, coconut, and something yellow...could it be papaya? mango? durian? No, the waitress said it was a kind of bean. Strange, but yummy.

The place is a smallish storefront, quite clean, and bare of decoration, except for three televisions, one of which measured some four by six feet, and was showing the Food Channel, of all things. The closed-captioning was on, so the TVs could be ignored.

Afterwards, we checked out the rest of the strip. There is an amazing custom jewelry shop right next door, and no, I did not buy the $3600 bracelet, though I can't stop thinking about it. A few doors beyond, there is a vintage clothing shop, where I nearly bought a top hat. My friends came out with bags full of steampunk purchases.