“Disappointing Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed June 14, 2014

A friend and I had dinner at Carfagna's Kitchen last week and found the food to be disappointing. Previous visits had been very good, but this time was different. Seating procedures had changed and there were several people besides us that didn't know how it worked. Once seated, we had to stand in line to place our orders and then a server brought the meals to our table. We had two entrees, Chicken Parmesan was just OK, not great and the Pepperoni Stromboli was terrible. There was little taste, little Pepperoni and the crust was tough. We have eaten here before, but may not again.

1  Thank Thomas B

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stopped at Carfagna's kitchen, on the Polaris Parkway in Columbus, on the way home from a long day in commercial airplanes, for something familiar and good and plentiful at a reasonable price. They didn't let us down! Great food, warm atmosphere and family service that we appreciate! After two weeks on Maui, a hometown restaurant with family made food and hometown prices is a very welcome return. Love the "Kitchen" we will be back! www.carfagnaskitchen.com

Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was our first visit here and we went on a night that was packed. We had a 15 minute wait, which wasn't bad for the time we got there. We were not told how it worked, but watching people, we figured it out. After getting seated and looking at a menu, you go up to a counter and place your order. That was very different. I worry about placing an order for a large group and forgetting something. I had the Chicken Alfredo Tetrazzini and it was very good. My husband had the Chicken Parmigiano and didn't care for it. Not sure if we will go back. It was very fast, even as busy as it was.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Went to Carfagna'a Kitchen and right off the bat disliked the place. It reminded me of a food court , you choose a table or are directed to one and then you get a menu. After that you have to get up and go to the cashier to order your food???? It's over lit and just so so, not a $14.95 for chicken picata kind of place. So, I ordered a pizza with sausage and onion. My husband had a sausage-pepperoni Stromboli. Both of which were o.k. at best. There was no flavor to the sausage and I felt like I was wasting calories just eating it. I tried my husbands entree and even the pepperoni was flavorless. I suppose we should try something else but if you can't get Italian sausage or pepperoni to have some taste why waste your money. So no we won't do that again.

1  Thank 85andsunny
Reviewed December 28, 2013

If you want great Italian food that is reasonably priced then this is the place.

It's a very casual diner, where you order at the counter, then pick a table and the food will be delivered to you.

I have never had anything here that was not extremely good.

Give try if you are in the Polaris area.