“A somewhat strange mix of German and American - but good”
Review of Wurst und Bier

Wurst und Bier
Ranked #255 of 2,314 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Wurst und Bier German restaurant and beer hall is Columbus Ohio's place for German sausages and cold draft German beers. Lovers of currywurst, schnitzel and strudel will find a delicious lineup of authentic German food. We offer an extensive and unique selection of Imports and Craft beer with 27 on tap. People rave about Wurst und Bier's authentic Bavarian pretzels and bratwurst. Stop in to enjoy your favorite games on TV, soak in our German Beer Hall atmosphere, try us for yourself and see what the buzz is all about. Parents will love our children's menu and lively, friendly environment!
Reviewed April 23, 2014

As you expect from the outside, this is not an 'authentic' German restaurant. Yes, they have several German items on menu, and they have German beer on tap, but they also have Philly Cheese steak and burgers. I guess they want to please everyone. A group of us started with pretzel, sauerkraut balls, and currywurst. I think I would sum them all up as average to good. For dinner I was able to try chicken [and pork] schnitzel and a couple of the brats. I would rate them all good. Service was good. Atmosphere is - as mentioned before - a cross between American bar and German festival tables. Strange, but heck, it is what it is. We ate and drank well for under $30 per person. Overall, had a good experience.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The beer selection is one of the best in Columbus. Authentic German foods all over the menu are good quality and taste good. The menu prices are very reasonable too. My wife and I enjoy going to this place many times and it has a good atmosphere with live entertainment on the weekends and special occasions. I recommend going and having a good time.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Husband liked his pretzel. The waiter brought out 3 bottles of mustard, although the concept is good, I didn't want to use an open mustard that others have put their knives in. The saurekraut balls were really yummy, and the horshradish (sp) mustard that came on the side was a perfect addition. The side of cabbage...incredible! The german mac n cheese made with swiss...wow! The pork schnitzel was ok. It was better with the mustard added since it was pretty bland. My husband enjoyed his beer. It is pretty darn loud in there. Looking forward to going back! Love that it is right by the movie theater too...

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I love the food selections. Typical bar food but they do it very well.
The service is good and a huge selection of beer!!
Also, we watched the NFL playoffs here and was real happy with the TV viewing, size and locations.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We celebrated a birthday supper at what we think is the only German themed restaurant on the North End of Columbus. It is in a former Wings joint in the mall next to the Marcus theaters at Crosswoods. The food selections feature many American favorites (burgers/reubens), but also some German type dishes. We liked all of the schnitzels and the favorite side was the bratkartoffel, which is sort of a cooked potato salad. They have the biggest selection I have seen of Hofbrau beers on draft (and about 20 others), though they were out of the original Hofbrau lager on the night of our visit. We were pleasantly surprised to have live (accordion) German music while we were there. That music combined with the atmosphere (at least at night) and the picnic bench type seating give you the feel of being in an actual German Beer Hall.

Been to Wurst und Bier? Share your experiences!