“Nice place to go to”

Wurst und Bier
Ranked #344 of 2,228 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: German, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Wurst und Bier German restaurant and beer hall is Columbus Ohio's place for German sausages and cold draft German beers. Lovers of currywurst, schnitzel and strudel will find a delicious lineup of authentic German food. We offer an extensive and unique selection of Imports and Craft beer with 27 on tap. People rave about Wurst und Bier's authentic Bavarian pretzels and bratwurst. Stop in to enjoy your favorite games on TV, soak in our German Beer Hall atmosphere, try us for yourself and see what the buzz is all about. Parents will love our children's menu and lively, friendly environment!
Richmond, Virginia
“Nice place to go to”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I would have rated this higher but the food was the main reason for an average rating. This was my first visit to the restaurant with my son and his wife. I was visiting Columbus for work and wanted to try someplace new. It was also their first time there.

The beers are great with a nice selection and we all ordered the Liter Boot. My son and his wife had the big pretzel to start with and sampled the different mustards which were pretty good. They had the pork schnitzel (her), the ultimate burger (him) and I had the sausage plate.

They enjoyed theirs but my sausages seemed to be over cooked and very dry. The other portion of my meal was very good but when the main part isn't up to par, that makes the rest not so great. I will be back to Columbus again and might try them again to see if it was just a fluke that one night.

• Visited March 2014

Columbus, Ohio
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The beer selection is one of the best in Columbus. Authentic German foods all over the menu are good quality and taste good. The menu prices are very reasonable too. My wife and I enjoy going to this place many times and it has a good atmosphere with live entertainment on the weekends and special occasions. I recommend going and having a good time.

• Visited October 2013
Marysville, Ohio
“We wish this was closer to home....great food and beer!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Husband liked his pretzel. The waiter brought out 3 bottles of mustard, although the concept is good, I didn't want to use an open mustard that others have put their knives in. The saurekraut balls were really yummy, and the horshradish (sp) mustard that came on the side was a perfect addition. The side of cabbage...incredible! The german mac n cheese made with swiss...wow! The pork schnitzel was ok. It was better with the mustard added since it was pretty bland. My husband enjoyed his beer. It is pretty darn loud in there. Looking forward to going back! Love that it is right by the movie theater too...

• Visited February 2014
Tennessee
“Great food”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I love the food selections. Typical bar food but they do it very well.
The service is good and a huge selection of beer!!
Also, we watched the NFL playoffs here and was real happy with the TV viewing, size and locations.

Visited January 2014
Powell, Ohio
“Live Music On Thursday Nights”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We celebrated a birthday supper at what we think is the only German themed restaurant on the North End of Columbus. It is in a former Wings joint in the mall next to the Marcus theaters at Crosswoods. The food selections feature many American favorites (burgers/reubens), but also some German type dishes. We liked all of the schnitzels and the favorite side was the bratkartoffel, which is sort of a cooked potato salad. They have the biggest selection I have seen of Hofbrau beers on draft (and about 20 others), though they were out of the original Hofbrau lager on the night of our visit. We were pleasantly surprised to have live (accordion) German music while we were there. That music combined with the atmosphere (at least at night) and the picnic bench type seating give you the feel of being in an actual German Beer Hall.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Wurst und Bier? Share your experiences!