“great value no problems”

Comfort Suites - Columbus / Clara St
Ranked #70 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Mogadore
“great value no problems”
Reviewed March 28, 2008

we recently stayed here for one nite. we had a room with 3 adults and 3 kids. room had 2 queen beds and a pulled sofa bed. room was clean and had plenty of space. within minutes of ohio state as we were attending a basketball game.indoor pool was a little cold ,could've been a little warmer . breakfast was very good even when there were alot of people it was still well stocked. good selection for all. i would stay here again.

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank mogadoredad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
South Bend, IN
Reviewed March 19, 2008

this was the worst hotel experience i have ever had. first of all, i called the front desk a couple days ahead of time to see if we could check in about an hour early. they said they would put a note under our reservation and do there best.

We got there at 2 o'clock and when i asked the front desk if we could check in, she refused to even check to see if there was a room available. we waited around until 3 and when we finally got checked in, we were assigned to a room that was not cleaned yet.

The next morning, the waffle iron was broken and the juice machine was not working as well. when i spoke to the manager about the horrible service he could have cared less, in fact, he raised his voice at me. he told me i had to call a 1-800 number to get the room refunded and the 100% satisfaction gaurantee has stipulations. poor management and poor customer service at this establishment. don't waste your time with management here!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelin-mama87
Temperance, Michigan
Reviewed February 5, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the weekend of February 2nd, 2008. This is a nice hotel despite the fact that we experienced a few minor problems.
The parking lot is on the side of the building so you have a longer than average walk to the entrance. The sidewalk was a little icy. I felt they could have salted it, but they didn't. The hotel entrance did not have an automatic door so if you had a lot of baggage it was difficult to open the door with your hands full. This was the only entrance to the hotel. There was a charge per day for a safe in the room. I did not think I should have to pay for a safe I had no intention of using. This is like charging you to use the coffeemaker in the room. If the hotel wants to put safes in the rooms that is their choice. They are making a lot of money charging every guest daily for the safe.
The room needed some minor maintenance: torn carpeting, a table with two broken legs, and some stains on the bedspread were among the problems. Also, this hotel is near Ohio State University and there were crowds of students in the breakfast area in the morning so we were unable to get anything to eat for breakfast. When we checked out, the foyer was also full of students, so it was difficult getting through the crowd to leave. The hotel staff should have told them to wait in the lobby for their ride instead of between the set of double doors. Despite the problems I would consider staying here again.

• Liked — It was close to my event for the weekend
  • Disliked — no automatic door at entrance, one entrance in hotel
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Deborah 0729
Erie, PA
Reviewed August 8, 2007

After reading some of the reviews of this hotel, I was a little nervous about staying here. I was pleasantly surprised. Check-in was smooth, the lobby was beautiful, and our room was nice too. It was very spacious for a hotel room. It even had a microwave, mini-refrigerator, and safe. The breakfast buffet was very nice and they had a wide selection of food. The location of this hotel is great if you're planning on going to the Ohio State Fair--it is within walking distance and you avoid the crowded parking lots. There were a few negatives, but nothing major--we found candy wrappers on the side of the bed indicating maybe not the most thorough cleaning, although they advertise that they are a non-smoking hotel, there were cigarette burns on various surfaces in the bathroom indicating that at one time it had been smoking, and our hallway had a perm-like smell. Really, none of these were big deals to us. For the price we paid, we got a very nice hotel room and had a great stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nancyk1116
Lebanon
Reviewed March 4, 2007

Our stay at this Comfort Suites was absolutely horrible. We arrived to first find that the toilet bowel was still stained and not cleaned. We also found a blood stain on the sheets on one of the beds. We pulled the sheets back in hopes the sheets would be changed, but after the room was made the next morning the same sheets were on the bed. The "clean" towels had a few pieces of long black hair on them as well. Also, on the 3rd floor one of the windows from the sky light was gone. It was snowing on the floor in the hallway and terribly cold on the floor. The front desk was notified, although they mentioned someone was coming - 24 hours later the window was still not fixed. I suggest not to stay here if at all possible!

• Liked — The location to the highway
  • Disliked — The cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hilldog
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed February 4, 2007

I was very pleasantly surprised with this Comfort Inn Suites. My room was large, clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was average size, but ample and clean, the sleeping area, (with 2 double beds, desk and TV), led into a small lounge with one sofa, fridge, safe, and coffee making facilities. Excellent value for money; I got in on a great Triple AAA rate! In addition, there were vending machines right outside my room. The breakfast has hot and cold items, along with pastries and a good selection of coffee and tea. Although I did not swim in the pool, it was indoor and looked clean. The hotel is off I-70 and is about a 10-minute drive from Downtown Columbus and near I-270. Overall, it was a good stay and a good value. In addition, we were so amazed with how clean, open, and bright the lobby happens to be. They have an ATM on the premises!

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank Shad0wy
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed August 15, 2005

I am a Marriotts person. I rarely stay at other hotels other than Residence Inn's , Courtyards, Renaissance. I was very pleasantly surprised with this Comfort Inn Suites. I got in on a great Triple AAA rate. We went to the Ohio State Fair this weekend to see "That's so Raven" in Concert. Well after the concert that started at 1:00 we went to check in to our hotel (which was right across the street in walking distance) and we were so amazed with how clean, open, and bright the lobby happen to be. The staff were very polite and eager to please with anythy we needed (toothbrushes, paste, more towels). They have an indoor pool which is clean. They have an ATM on the premises! The rooms are big! We had a double queen bed with a sleeper sofa. The rooms also have a microwave, mini refrigerator and coffee maker. The continental breakfast was very good. I so enjoyed this stay. It is literally right off the highway. Easy access to downtown, high street, the stadium, and the Ohio State fair in which I will be staying here next year when we come to the fair again. Spectacular!

• Stayed August 2005