“Do Not Stay Here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #113 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
“Do Not Stay Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

That rating should be considered a negative one. First of all, the motel really is not close to OSU. The neighborhood is not pleasant at all. Please understand that I am not terribly picky as long as the room is clean and I feel safe. Well neither of those was true. The bed spreads were disgusting and the floor was dirty. There were other issues as well. The AC unit was set at 60 degrees and barely worked which was a major issue because it was in the 90's during the week. The toilet did not work very well either as it took multiple flushes to work. I barely slept as I was concerned about my car in the parking lot and wondering if there were bed bugs (I do not think there were any thankfully.) Needless to say I was very disappointed in this motel. I had hoped with the new renovations it would be a good, affordable place. Spend the extra money to stay somewhere safer and cleaner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Michele B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Nice enough hotel that is inexpensive and refurbished. BUT, it sets within 50 feet of a set of railroad tracks and the windows rattled most of the night from the train traffic. Won't make that mistake again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank kyjavelin
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed in this property about year and half ago. When I entered in the room...I was surprise with the wood flooring, new bed, drapes and room was very clean. It was great room for the money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank John A
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

Having stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn next door last time I was in this area, I decided to try Motel 6 this trip. Not expecting much since this is a questionable after dark, I was extremely surprised to find brand new rooms! From new "imitation" wood floors, to new beds, drapes, furniture, I was stunned not knowing that this will become Motel 6's new look. The only thing I found wrong with the room was the bathroom door didn't close (too large for the door-frame). Oh-yea, the TV remote didn't work either, but it was gross....didn't really want to touch it anyway!

As for the exterior of the motel, I hope they have some plans for that as well. You can't have new rooms with a marginally maintained exterior. Paint is needed, especially on the stairs. During my stay, the rear parking lot had a dumpster filled with old mattresses and a shipping container both of which work crews utilize during the day as they refurbish the rooms. Both were an eyesore, but I'm sure it’s only until the construction is finished.

Next door to the Motel 6 is an out-of-business restaurant, homeless people seem to live or hang out behind it. Although it didn't bother me since you can't see that property from the Motel 6 due to bushes/trees, I did happen to catch some unclean individuals cutting through the motel's parking lot. However, they kept to themselves and went on their way.

All in all, I would stay here again. I'd recommend it to anyone on a budget. For those who have not been to this area in Columbus in a while, this is the former Red Roof Inn motel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RailfanMotels
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2008

I arrived around 3am and they did not have my reservation! That was fine because the desk clerk that I spoke with through the bulletproof glass told me that he could get me in. I get to the room and there is no Security latch on the door! It appeared to be ripped off by someone. The clerk gets bulletproof glass and I cannot get a security latch for the door.

To make matters worse, the room was not very clean and I called the desk and the guy says I will have somebody look at that over the next few days.

I woke up a few hours later to come to find that they or place next door have people living there. Not safe, Not clean, Not worth your money.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everyhing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
4 Thank mlmoore3
Peoria,IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2007

The Motel 6 on Sinclair in Columbus, OH is not a hotel anyone should stay at. I have traveled a lot in my life, stayed in many hotels, good and bad. This rated as the absolute worst. I was so paranoid after pulling into the parking lot, I paid cash for the room rather than give them a credit card. The door on the room had obviously been kicked in at some point and they never replaced the security lock. The dead bolt didn't work either. The room was filthy, one towel in the bathroom for two people and not much else. Not even a toilet seat. Then there were the freight trains 40 feet from the hotel that rumble by every 20 minutes. There was a derelict car parked in the back parking lot. My husband is a police officer and he wanted no part of the place. We ate the cash for the room and went down by Easton Mall to the Hampton Inn where after hearing our story we were upgraded to a suite at no extra cost. The rooms were spectacular, the staff were amazing. The free breakfast wasn't bad either. It was definitely worth the higher price for the piece of mind.

Stayed October 2007
2 Thank gonzokitty
Indianapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2007

We stayed at the Motel 6 because they accept pets and we were attending a dog show at the Fairgrounds. The clerk at the desk was very friendly and accomodating. Our room was clean, but was a little worn. There was no clock in the room which was a downer. Also, they only gave us one bath towel, so we had to ask for another. This hotel is near some train tracks and even though the train was running, we did not hear it. We did however hear sirens several times through the night. We asked for a wake up call at 5:30AM and never received it, so we were thankful that we had also set the alarm on our cell phones. Overall not a bad place to stay for the money.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple