“Ok for a visit”
Review of Topiary Garden

Topiary Garden
Ranked #30 of 157 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: Georges Seurat's "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" is recreated in a sculptured evergreen garden featuring larger-than-life human figures, animals and boats.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Nice park to stay for a while. The cut trees are interesting. It is all free to experience. It is worth a visit but maybe not the ultimate thing to do

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have always loved visiting the topiary gardens in Columbus. They are beautiful and well kept. In the past I have picked up lunch and taken a book along to enjoy the peaceful location.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were attempting to visit a nearby museum but it was closed. We decided to take photographs of the older homes in the surrounding neighborhood. I drove by the park not thinking of stopping but my wife said lets go back, take a look and I was happy we did. We went into the office with several questions. The receptionist explained it's a city park but a local garden society takes care of the topiary sculptures. We were given a map which described all of the flora displays. It was late in September but many of the beautiful flowers were still in bloom. There is a small pond which has many varieties of grasses and reeds. The superbly sculpted topiary in a verity of forms. We were lucky to find it and we recommend stopping by on your trip to Columbus, Ohio.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We happened upon this by chance, really. It is quite small, as other reviewers have suggested, but perfectly formed. Lots of access, and a restroom, just in case. As you enter, there is a small house, that has everything (for sale) regarding this park. It's circular in design, and apart from the topiary being shaped in Seurats classic, there is the park itself, that you can simply take in, and enjoy. Strangely, it's fairly quiet for a city park, and you'd expect it to be more bustling.

Anyway, enjoy the layout, and its centre piece. It is designed also for the visually impaired (which is another bonus), so how anyone can dislike this free event is beyond me.

Parking is fairly straight forward too.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Plenty street parking if you don't try to park near the park. Walk a few blocks and get ready for your stroll through the topiary. This is not a big park, but there are a lot of sculptured bushes to admire. My wife and I have been to this park several times and there always seems to be some new additions. It is unusual to find this type of park right down town.

Been to Topiary Garden? Share your experiences!