“Pros and Cons...”

Courtyard Columbus Easton
Ranked #45 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for a mini get away (we've from Columbus). The location is wonderful. We could walk to whereever we wanted to go at Easton. We were able to get some drinks and snacks at Trader Joe's which is one of my favorite stores anyways :) The style of the Courtyard's lobby is contemporary. The pool was nice, albeit small. We didn't get in the hot tub. The two big cons were the shower and the bed. Even after adjusting the shower head as much as we could, the shower felt like an assault! It was terrible. I felt like I was just in a brawl! UGH. The bed was a memory foam type and gave me no support, so my back was achy and i woke up several times during the night. My husband felt the same as me about the shower and the bed. This was our 2nd time staying there. The first time was in March and I dont remember the bed being like this. The shower head was harsh though. I kind of remember that. I think next time we'll try the Hilton.

Room Tip: Ask for a view facing Easton; at night it looks pretty!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SBO50226

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This Marriott brand was not my first choice as I am unfamiliar with the area. I was looking to book a new or newer hotel. I booked at Courtyard New Albany but had to cancel because New Albany was a more remote area which is far from dining, shops, etc. Drove to Easton not knowing what to expect. Upon arrival at Courtyard Easton I went to their front desk and asked if there is availability. Dina at the frnt desk was very helpful. i told her that my booking was at their New Albany location but would like to cancel and stay at Easton instead. She went out of her way to help me, made all the phonecalls to CourtyardNew Albany to cancel my booking and ensured that i do not get charged any penalty fees, she also called Marriott rewards, to make this transaction as seamless as she possibly could! Dina also gave me a brochure of the mall - note that hotel is in an outdoor mall. Dina along with another lady that afternoon were both very pleasant, helpful, warm hospitality and courteous.

We explored the mall and had dinner. We then went to our room and we all exclaimed happily, "Wow!" We were pleasantly surprised with the size of the room, very spacious!, its cleanliness, eveything about this hotel was excellent! I love the new concept of Marriott as I keep raving about their pullout desk which then makes 2 desks, they are like nesting tables, only bigger, work desks.

The fire alarm went off that night at about 11 pm, thankful that there was no real threat or emergency. The staff was swift to ensure guests are led out into safety and they were also quick to send out within an hour delivered to rooms letters of apology for the inconvenience. The incident defintely did not make any negative impact on future stays.

Your hotel is my top destination in Columbus OH due to the courtesy, professional, and personal attention of your staff, cleanliness of the room and hotel, and the size of your room is just incomparable!! Wished all hotels have your room size!

Please maintain the fresh clean smell and cleanliness of your hotel. Huge commendation to Dina. Keep training your staff so that a professional and personal attention is maintained.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Marceecy
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great location near highway and retail Mecca near Columbus. Property is well staffed. Feels like full service style. Comfy rooms. Quiet and dark. Huge TV selections for flat screen. No flaws. Bistro in lobby and full Starbucks in adjacent plaza.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here after going to a concert. Checked in late. The room was very nice, the lobby clean, the beds were incredible. Wish we would've been able to stay longer. Walkable to all of the shopping. Parking was free. Nice coffee area.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank freddiecat7
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is close to shopping, restaurants and has good parking. The outside is probably the most Beautiful Courtyard that I've seen (it's nicer than most Marriott properties).

The lobby is the typical modern Courtyard lobby, very nicely done.

The rooms.... well this is where they lose one star with me. The rooms were nice sized, but the AC/Heat unit is so loud you can hear it in the bathroom with the door shut. It's the older style of AC unit (wall mounted, knobs on the unit) and it's hard to get the temperature regulated. I much prefer to be able to set a temperature and not hear the unit.

There is just nothing special about the rooms, which is a great disappointment after seeing how nice the hotel is from the outside.

No Upgrade, in fact the hotel couldn't even meet my request for a room on the top floor, and as a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, I kind of expect that they would look at my room preferences and offer an upgrade (or explain why they couldn't).

Breakfast was good, but took a bit longer than it should have to get.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

The lobby and main are is very nice and modern. Small gym and pool but adequate. The part I struggled with were the pillows on the bed and how loud the ac/heating unit was. Outside o that its a very nice hotel. The mall it is next to is amazing lots to do and see there.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Courtyard in Easton is fresh and clean. The rooms are nice, not huge, but comfortable, the windows open and the decor is very pretty. The parking is great, no charge, and close to the building. The Easton area is incredible and one day is not enough to do it justice. The staff at the Courtyard are very friendly and accommodating. I would stay at this hotel again and look forward to doing so.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple