“Good hotel in good location”

Courtyard Columbus Easton
Ranked #37 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good hotel in good location”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This Courtyard by Marriott property is a great choice for anyone looking for an easy stay within quick walking distance of the shopping afforded at Easton. The hotel recently underwent a renovation to align it with the new Courtyard by Marriott style lobby. The new lobby is contemporary and comfortable, offering many seating options for working, socializing, or eating.

The rooms were large and comfortable. Housekeeping did a good job servicing the rooms. The Internet service was fast and the TV offered a good selection of channels. One great feature of this property is the outdoor fire pit area behind the hotel.

The new Courtyard lobby features the Bistro concept, which replaces what used to be a morning-only food offering of a breakfast buffet and a small bar for evening drinks. The Bistro is quick-service so you wait in line, place your order, and wait for your food. Most of it is either pre-made or made quickly by some form of convection oven/microwave in the back. I did not eat at the hotel as the prepared food offerings were over-priced and did not look appetizing. Unfortunately the Courtyard chain is getting away from having a kitchen on-site and replacing it with a quick-serve style concept with minimal staffing. However, this is a good spot if you are looking for just a beer or a bag of chips.

As previously stated, this is a great option if you're looking to shop or eat at Easton. Ample parking is provided and there are numerous places within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bill R
CourtyardEastonGM, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Easton, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear br1524,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm excited that you enjoyed our firepit on the terrace. This has become a favorite place for our guests to relax with a glass of wine and socialize. I'm sorry you did not like the selections at our new Bistro. As a brand, Courtyard by Marriott is working diligently and listening to feedback such as this to help us continuously improve our menu to fit a wide demographic of guests at our +800 properties. Thank you again for your kind comments and I look forward to serving you on future visits.

At Your Service,

Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ohio
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed in Columbus, Ohio at the Marriott by the Easton Mall. The room was very nice, new, and clean. Bed was comfy and the whole hotel had a comfortable feeling. We swam in the pool, and went in the hot tub. Shopping at the nearby Easton Mall was fabulous. The hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the mall. The mall itself is huge and has everything you need and more. We ate right next door at the Japanese place called Sakura Steak House. While the food wasnt the best, they had a large crowd and seemed to be a local favorite. They were very accomodating to my daughters allergies and she ate without worry.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great, easygoing, atmosphere - not stuffy at all. Meets all my business needs with WiFi in the rooms, computers and printers on the main floor, easy to grab food available both early mornings and late evenings. Great proximity to freeways and food/shopping amenities in the off chance that I have a dew hours free.
Could use more parking, there are times when I come in late that the lot is full, but the Couryard is always my first choice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nice stay at courtyard at Easton. Clean and great location for shopping!

• Stayed July 2011
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel is in a great location in Easton town center. Very convenient for shopping. So many shopping choices. The lobby was very clean and modern. Our room was also very nice and clean with modern decor. We had chose the breakfast option and the breakfast food was just ok. They had a 24 hr Starbucks which I loved. They have a really nice outdoor firepit too. The only con is the indoor pool. It was so small and freezing cold. We were looking forward to enjoying it since my 16 month old son loves the water but not this water! Too cold. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again for the price. Next time we are at Easton we are going to give the Hilton a try though just because we have stayed at both marriotts and want to try a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed May 10, 2011

This hotel is at one end of the Easton plaza with the Hilton at the other. There is shopping for the entire length of the boulevard in the Easton mall plaza, and at the end of the day you can return to this lovely, clean hotel and enjoy some peace and quiet.
The decor is fabulous but not overstated. Everything was in excellent working order, from the elevators to the faucets in the bathroom and the fan in the individual room. No mold, no grime, no slime were found in any corner. This place is clean and just beautiful.
There is a small snack bar and personal food/amenities cove where one can purchase over-the-counter medications in addition to over-the-counter chocolates for those needing nightly fixes. Yes, these are very pricey but it was nice to have them available.
Finally, the rooms are well appointed with fresh, updated linens and Mad Men-ish carpet. There are very, very classy framed photographs here and there. It was sad to leave such a nice hotel!
On the downside, if you are bringing a family with kids who love to swim, you might reconsider simply due to the size of the pool. The pool is about the size of a very large whirlpool. The exercise room is also very small and handles only three fitness buffs at once at the three separate machines. Having said that, those are the only negative comments I would offer.
What a wonderful staff at the front desk! I checked out on a Saturday morning, having left my WEDDING RING in my room. I went to my conference but returned to the hotel about 45 minutes later in tears and explained to the staff at reception that I needed to get into my room immediately. He was very kind, considerate, and calming, providing me with a key immediately and assuring me that the cleaning staff hadn't even been in the room yet. Of course, I got my ring back and was so thankful.
I will recommend this hotel and location without reservation and can't wait to return with my family (my girls are not interested in swimming anymore...they want to shop--which is what the Easton plaza is all about!). You will love this hotel in this mini Magnificent Mile in the middle of Columbus, Ohio.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Napoleon, Ohio
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We were very happy with this hotel. The hotel itself is very nice - clean, well maintained. Our room was on the third floor. We had no complaints at all about the room. They gave us extra pillows and towels as we requested. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The lobby area of the hotel was nice. They had a business area with free wi-fi (rooms also had free wi-fi) and a firepit area outside. There was also a snack area where you could purchase items 24/7 as well as a small cafe-type restaurant that was open certain hours. The location was ideal. Located at Easton, there are a ton of things to do within easy walking distance. I would definately stay at this hotel again! Very pleased with everything!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple