“Held a Dinner Meeting Here”
Review of Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse - CLOSED

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Excelled service and food. Always a nice place to eat in Columbus/Worthington. The restaurant is clean and classy and the bar is great too! I've only ever eaten off the private dinner menus for our dinner programs, however the food is always delicious. Our server for the evening was perfection!

There are newer reviews for Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We are restaurant emphasis. Very picky and only want the best in a Steakhouse.

My friend and I travel a lot together and we have dined in some truly amazing restaurants. This is one of them.

The service was great - professional yet friendly. The steaks were cooked to perfection, the sides were splendid and the Red Velvet Cake awesome! Enough for a family of 4! Homemade and brought me right back to my childhood.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was taken to Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse for my birthday. From the moment we entered we were warmly welcomed and that excellent service continued throughout our dinner and even as we left the restaurant. The steak was perfect- cooked exactly as requested, and the side dishes were nice accompaniments. Thank you to all who served us on 8-20-2012. We will be back!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Love the location in The Short North Arts District (on the Cap). The service is always impeccable, wonderful atmosphere, and the steaks......oh, those steaks! Absolutely wonderful and perfectly cooked prime cuts. WOW!!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We were there on a Monday evening and decided to sit at the bar. The bartender, Chris, was very friendly. In addition to making killer martinis for us, he explained the entire menu and specials. We decided to enjoy a veritable assortment of bar bites and appetizers rather than eating a large meal. We ordered calamari with a Thai sweet hot chili sauce, the blackened fresh jumbo scallops and the Margherita pizza. We ended the nIght with the cold Maine lobster cocktail from their raw bar menu. The calamari was very tender and perfectly cooked but the sauce was sweet, sweet, sweet and had no heat. My husband, who loves scallops (I'm ambivalent about them, so have to defer to him) said they were very good. The pizza was beautiful but boring. It was just plain tomato sauce with mozzarella cheese and basil chiffonades. The sauce seriously needed some oregano and basil. I was excited about the finale - the lobster cocktail. The presentation was beautiful, but sadly, when I took my first bite, I had to spit it put into my napkin. The lobster was old enough to be celebrating a birthday. I cannot believe a restaurant of this caliber would even think to serve an old lobster that is listed on its raw bar menu. If their claim to fame is a steakhouse, and they don't choose to specialize as a raw bar as well, then don't serve raw bar items.

I gave them 3 stars only because of the service we received from Chris. If my review was based on food, they would have received one star because, other than the nasty old lobster, it was a snoozefest.