“Great extras--the best in the area!”

Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Hastings, MN
“Great extras--the best in the area!”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We stayed here for a youth conference. It was one choice out of 7 in the downtown Columbus area, but definitely the best! Free breakfast with eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, waffles, cereal (including organic granola), bananas, apples... and at 5:30 each day they have free or'dvours and soda. The service was WONDERFUL. Rooms very comfortable. Indoor/outdoor pool, free wifi, adjacent to convention center. We loved it!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
edgewood, ky
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Was referred to Drury Inn by a friend, as we were traveling with out dogs, and she advised me that Drury is very pet friendly, with no non-refundable deposit like most other so-called "pet-friendly hotels claim.
The room was nice, with microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and very comfortable beds. Was clean and comfortable and although didn't have much interaction with staff (which in my book can be good when you don't need them!), but when I did, they were very friendly and helpful.
I'm not sure if all Drury Inn's offer it, but they have the FREE "5:30 Kickback" which is a little cocktail party with 3 free adult beverages and a wide assortment of hors d'oeuvres, that if you wanted to you could make a meal out of! Then the FREE breakfast buffet was more extensive than most I've seen before with an entire hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles and your usual cold items.
This location is very nice-we were in walking distance of the "Arena District" and were able to walk to the concert we were there for. Also, the next morning, we were able to walk our dogs on a nice walk in the downtown area,
Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My family was in town from PA for an event at the convention center. We stayed in town for two nights. Our first night was in the very large, more expensive, hotel nearby but had to be comped a room at the Drury Inn for the second night due to over booking problems.I have to say, I would love to have stayed at the Drury Inn for both nights!! The parking was free and in the same building, the staff was friendly and communicated well, the building is secure, the entire place is in beautiful condition, the rooms were spotless and comfortable. I never heard a noise from anywhere outside our room. The free drinks, hot food snack, and hot food breakfast just blew me away!! You would assume that something like this being offered would be nothing to brag about, that it would be just enough to advertise that they do it. NOT the case here!! Plenty of hot, freshly prepared, delicious food for everyone!!! I really dont know how they do it and make a profit, but i was very impressed!! I will search for a Drury Inn from now on anytime i'm away from home!! I cant wait till they put some in more states around my area. Loved It!! Thanks Drury Inn!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jbarn460
tucson
Reviewed May 23, 2010

This hotel is in a excellent location,it is also connected to the convention center and a large food court with many fast food resturants to eat at.If you had to come here for a convention then you would never have to step foot outdoors cause everything is there for you.The hotel itself is very nice and always clean and quiet.They will also allow you to have packages sent there which i did with no problems.This location still hasnt had the upgrades that most Drury hotels have had with the marble top counters and large flat screen t.v.'s but you wouldnt even notice unless you have stayed at other Drury location.Im sure it coming though.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank wasp996
Cleveland
Reviewed December 6, 2009

I continue to be very pleased with Drury Inns. They are a great value and the accommodations have been nicer than higher priced hotels.

We were in town visiting my son / OSU. The hotel is a short 2.5 miles on High from his place near Lane. We checked in around 5:00 and the free adult beverages were being served - we didn't have time to sample them though. The room was very similar to the Middletown OH Drury that was our first positive experience with this chain. This one had the same very nice lobby, the very functional and clean room, and as good or better of a free hotel breakfast you'll find anywhere. Our schedule was such that we really were just looking for a place to sleep and a breakfast in the AM so I can't comment on any of the other extras (e.g. pool, free internet, etc). For just a tinch over a c-note , tax and parking included (with their e-saver rate) in the downtown location I couldn't be more pleased. A few reviews I read prior to booking had people complaining about being charged for parking - but come on people they only charged $12 and they are right next door to the convention center and near the arena - that's very reasonable, especially when you consider the relatively low room rate.

Our beds were comfortable and the staff at the reception desk and breakfast were friendly and helpful. Based on this experience and my other experience in Middletown I'll continue to look for a Drury as one of my first choice hotel selections.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BobandCec
Ohio
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Stayed one night only, before a marathon. The only room I could find near the race was here, and they had only smoking rooms left. I'm old enough to remember when all rooms were smoking rooms, as well as restaurants and planes, but now it's annoying to smell it. On the good side, the place was safe, good parking for $12, friendly staff, three free drinks from 5:30 to 7, and some free food, although wife said the eggs were cold at breakfast. I was colder, out running the race! On the negative side, the bedding is not up to mid-level Marriott, Hilton, or certainly Cambria Suites quality. Soundproofing isn't great, but the neighbors weren't too noisy. Free internet was good. Wake up call was as requested. Lots of choices in the area which are better, but I waited too long.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center, responded to this review, November 2, 2009
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us at the Drury Inn and Suites Columbus Convention Center. We appreciate all of the guest feedback as it helps to constantly evaluate our procedures and product to ensure that we can deliver what we promise. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly service, affordable parking, evening beverages and the security we have throughout the building. It is always good to hear that our guests are receiving the service they desire. Thank you as well for your comments about the bedding in the room. We are scheduled for a renovation in the near future and plans are already in place to address the bedding during that project. As always, please don't hesitate to let us know when you are at the hotel if there is anything that we can do to make your stay even better. Despite our best efforts, we know that there will be times when something may come up during your stay that may not meet your expectations. Our goal is to do everything we can to fix it before you leave so that you can have an even more enjoyable experience at our hotels. Thanks again!
Ohio
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed at this hotel to attend an OSU football game. We usually stay at a hotel on Olentangy River Rd. but the cost was too much, lucky for me I found an alternative. We were impressed with the location within walking distance of the Nationwide arena area, North Market and the Short North area therefore lots of places to eat and shop! We were only 5 min. from the OSU campus. The rates per night were great especially impressed with the decor and cleanliness of the hotel along with the security. They do charge for parking but the only way in or out is with a hotel key card for extra security better than parking in an open lot. The elevators you even have to use your key card to get to the room floors. The pool is an indoor/outdoor pool with jacuzzi. We were by a highway exit ramp but heard no noise. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly. We had a marble entry way and bathroom in our room along with fridge and microwave. The extras were impressive: free alcoholic drinks and snacks reception in the evening (limit 3 free drinks) and free popcorn and sodas all evening. The breakfast buffet had more than the norm with waffles, eggs, biscuits/gravy, sausage, etc. They also had free internet and local calls. I would highly recommend a restaurant that is to the east of the hotel across the street called the Flatiron bar and grill very good!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple