“Great Hotel for Downtown Columbus”

Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I have to admit that I usually stay at a Marriott or Hilton property but this is a great hotel if you need to be in downtown Columbus and especially at the convention center. Free breakfast and food/drinks in the evening. Big two room suite and great service.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Much better location and deal than the Hyatt Convention facility. Good rooms fantastic, staff great parking, but a poor walkway connection to the convention center. Spent 3 nights enjoying a afternoon drink with the manager, a solid breakfast and responsive staff to any request. Well worth the money for a convention location.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric D
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted to take a fun, romantic trip for my birthday, and I decided on Columbus. After my stay at Drury Inn, I'll never stay anywhere else if this is an option. We stayed in a 2-room king suite; everything was clean and comfortable. I was amazed by the 5:30 kickback: free buffet-style food AND three alcoholic beverages per person/per night?? Awesome. And, obviously, the buffet-style breakfast in the morning was also great.

When we checked in and while we were eating in the lobby, we noticed a lot of kids in groups (probably because there was something going on at the convention center right next door), however, we did not hear any loud noise or disruptions our entire stay. I also liked the added feature of needing your key to get into the parking garage or up on the elevator. It made me feel safe, even though we were right in Downtown Columbus.

We did have to pay the additional $12 for the parking garage, but I think it was worth it to not have to drive around busy city streets to find somewhere to park for free.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone staying in the downtown Columbus area. Great job, Drury Inn!

Room Tip: If you have a AAA card, make sure to use it for a discount!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily I
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The rooms have been redone and it would help with more chairs to sit in the room, but enjoyed breakfast and atmosphere of employee. There to help with you enjoying your stay and will continue to make my visit to this hotel when I am back in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Al944
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I am so pleased I found this hotel. Great room rate. Free food and drinks in the evening. Free breakfast in the morning. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. This was the perfect one-night get-away with the family. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HelpIT3dB
Reviewed March 19, 2014

stayed for a blue Jackets games, nice area and Columbus is a nice city to visit. breakfast and Dinner snacks and drinks were great. Our room was a little dark but the beds are comfy but I'm thinking is due for an update soon. Our suite was noisy with a humming sound but I'm thinking it was isolated to our room. over all a nice hotel

Parking is extra..

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My son and I stayed one night to catch the Columbus Blue Jacket's game at the Nationwide Arena. The hotel is a scant 5 minute walk from the hotel and tons of restaurants in the Arena District (although most shut down at 10pm mid-week....)

The hotel was very clean, front desk staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel had everything you could ask for, and more!

Between 5:30pm to 7pm they had what turned out to be almost a full buffet set up in the lobby for the guests....although kid friendly food (hot dog, mac and cheese, chicken fingers, nachos and salads), they provided adult friendly drinks too (!)...

Highly recommend the Drury, and will stay again should I wander back to Columbus...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family