Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

As in most of my reviews I adore this place. The 3 free drinks a day with the snack bar is just an added touch. I was there for the Mine Rescue Team National Championships. (September the 8th thru Sept. 13) My Husband is on the Cumberland Mine team JC. The Drury's rooms are clean, nicely furnished and the beds are wonderful! I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Columbus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Tempty1965

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My cousin and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend, as we had tickets to the Ohio State-Buffalo game. Easy, 10-15 minute ride via I-670 from Port Columbus Airport. Located in the midst of a "happening" area - Convention Center, Short North, a lot going on. While I didn't perceive a personal safety problem, particularly on busy High Street, I did see the occasional "sketchy" character milling about, and I guess that's the reason why the hotel is so secure, with guest key card access necessary to get the elevator to stop on certain floors, enter and leave the parking garage, etc.

The room was clean and comfortable, and the free breakfast was well-stocked and tasty. We had plans every evening, so we didn't avail ourselves of the Manager's Reception, but one evening I saw it being set up, and it looked quite nice.

Between guests attending the OSU game and various baseball/softball tournaments, the dining area and lobby got busy, but we were still able to move around and eat. The two elevators, however, got very overtaxed!

Drury prides themselves on having helpful, pleasant employees, and they were certainly found at this hotel.

Friday afternoon, my cousin and I walked over to the Greek Orthodox Cathedral, where the Annual Greek Festival was just getting underway. It was not yet crowded (which it gets at night), so Cuz and I had a tasty and relaxing bite of lunch.

We left our rental car in the garage parking lot Saturday, and decided to take the public bus to and from the campus. It's a short walk to High Street and the bus stop, and for only $2.00 each way, it was well worth it (particularly after the game, when High Street is CRAWLING with cars and people). Be advised that the hotel garage is not very large, and when full, gets very tight.

We had a great stay in Columbus (GO BUCKEYES!), and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 weeks while on a business related trip. The best part about the hotel is it's location. It is walking distance to some great areas in Columbus. We walked to Short North where all the great dining areas are and we walked to the Arena District where the NHL team and Clipper's Baseball team are located. The Convention Center is right next door. I recommend stopping by Martini for food and drinks. It's a great happy hour spot and very close to the hotel. The food is upscale italian, but they have the best filet I've ever had. If you want something more casual you have a great local micro-brew called Baileys very near by. Great bar style food and very good beer. The rooms are spacious and modern. Staff was friendly. Even at at the hotel a few times and food was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three days. The room was comfortable and spacious. I recommend adding a 2nd easy chair or replace it with a love seat. We only had one chair in a King Suite. Pool is very nice. Breakfast and kick back cocktails very well done and made special with a pleasant staff. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2013
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived at the hotel around 4:00pm so we could get checked in, cleaned up and relax a moment prior to going to a concert at Nationwide Arena. I was advised that the room was not ready due to the previous guest's decision to smoke in the room ( Drury Inn & Suites decided to go totally smoke free earlier in the year). On the downside, we did not get into our room until 5:30pm, however, the upside is that the manager comped me for 50% of the cost of a two room suite. I was very impressed with the solution and we were still able to change, relax for a minute and make our concert. We also enjoyed the free evening buffet and breakfast bar. Overall, I was very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vonnesam
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel chain was recommended by a family member. We stayed in Jonesboro and now here in Columbus. We travel with our toy poodle and they are very pet friendly. We found the rooms to be very comfortable and clean. The breakfast and the 5:30 munchies are very good. Hotel staff super nice. Highly recommend staying at a Drury.

• Stayed September 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent hotel and value. Rooms very clean, nice complimentary evening snack and coffee always in dining room. Great for families.

Staff was excellent and very accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel and when we travel we always look for a Drury Inn. If one is available, we would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family