Stayed at this hotel for one night for a business trip. My room was VERY CLEAN -- in fact, the whole hotel smelled of disinfectant when I walked into the lobby at 5PM to check in. (Maybe they had just mopped the floor, but the smell was pretty overwhelming!). Comfortable bed and a large room. Even had a microwave and a small fridge. But my window looked out onto an inner courtyard below rather than looking at the outdoors. Very claustrophobic! It had a skylight, but it was frosted, so you couldn't see anything, just diffused light. Furthermore, the courtyard/room below was filled with discarded lamps, stacks of paintings propped against the walls, and a trolley of cleaning products. A sign indicated that they were doing some renovations, but nevertheless, it was NOT a nice view! Especially annoying because it was a nice evening, and I would have liked to see the SKY and the nice, puffy clouds!
From 5:30 to 7 PM, they have free snacks and drinks in the lobby, which is very sweet -- and I was even given a card when I checked in that entitled me to three free alcoholic beverages. But the glasses were plastic, and the food was....well, how can I put it? The mac 'n' cheese was tepid and not very good. The hot dogs were hot, but the buns were stone cold, and the only veggie choices I saw were carrot and celery sticks.
Breakfast the next morning was standard free breakfast fare -- scrambled eggs that I'd swear are powdered, very thin sausage patties, dry biscuits. Maybe I should have had the dry cereal and milk!
Finally, it was frustrating that the small hotel pool wasn't open early in the morning for a pre-checkout swim. Only opens at 9, so business travelers are kind of out of luck.
Not a bad hotel, and had the virtue of being very clean, and the staff was very nice; but I had Hyatt-envy: The Hyatt is on the other side of Columbus' Convention Center. You could definitely do worse than stay here, but it won't be the best hotel stay you ever had, I can almost guarantee....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests of Drury Inn & Suites in downtown Columbus have easy access to the Greater Columbus Convention Center through an adjoining walkway. The hotel is close to other downtown attractions like the Short North Arts District and The Ohio State University. Shopping at North Market or catching a game in the Arena district is just a short walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Drury Inn And Suites Columbus Convention Center
- Drury Inn Columbus
- Drury Inn Hotel Columbus
- Drury Columbus
- Columbus Drury
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center Ohio