Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center
  • Room Service
$163
$149
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsconvention centerbaked potatochicken tendersfree popcorn and sodanationwide arenaparking garagefree breakfastroom keyblue jackets gameevery eveninghockey gameshort walkshort northper nightother hotelspool and hot tubking suite
Reviewed December 29, 2012

First time in Columbus -wont be the last though! The hotel staff was AWESOME- I talked to many staff members including Rosie who did the evening snack time-which btw she was so friendly and helpful-could not have asked for better information and thoughtfullness. The woman who was working at the front desk the evenings we were there was wonderful as well. Our room was very clean, felt very safe and the layout, pool, breakfast, and evening snacks/drinks were GREAT. Can not say enough wonderful things about this place-we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was great. Nice being in downtown area. The service was great. The room was very nice and comfortable. The only negative is for a higher end hotel the towels were very cheap. Although we didn't use the evening happy hour each night but the one night we did it was fine. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Although our room wasn't a suite, it was large, comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly, accomodating and helpful. We enjoyed the evening social hour and the complimentary breakfast buffet. The hotel is close to the Arena District, Short North and downtown. Parking is attached to the hotel. It is $12 and worth the convenience. We were happy they had smoking rooms!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed in this property while attending a large convention. It was further away from the Convention Center than the other properties, but I chose it because they offered a lower rate than the host hotels. I heard it referred to by a few attendees as the “Dreary Drury”, however the room was basic, but clean. I had events throughout the afternoon, so I was unable to participate in their afternoon break service.

With respect to customer service, here is where it is a bit lacking. Many like to use this term, but will they actually live up to its meaning? Good customer service is saying hello to the guests, even calling to see if their room is ok. That they did. Exceptional customer service is going above and beyond the norm. I had left an item in my room and realized it after I returned home and unpacked my things. I called the hotel and wanted to pay to have them ship it back to me. Someone would call me back. Many calls back to hotel. No return call. I called one of the managers and he said he would check on it and call back. No return call. I guess maybe my request was insignificant to them and therefore, didn’t warrant much effort. I had checked out and was no longer staying in their property, so why bother. Putting extra effort forth to accommodate the guest, even after the they have left for example, would have said a lot. That is what separates good, basic service from exceptional guest service.

“Make it right for the customer every time, every visit”? Not really, but it sounds good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I always appreciate hearing how we do, whether it is good or leaves us some room for improvement. If we don’t know what is wrong, we can’t make it any better.

I apologize that we did not respond to your inquiries about your left items after you had checked out of the hotel. As I read your review, I could do nothing other than agree with your summation and perceptions of the hotel and how we seemed to not care much about you once you were gone. After doing some internal checking, I discovered that we just did not follow up to make sure that you received a reply. We have the systems in place to handle these sorts of inquiries and we just plain didn’t follow them. I apologize for our shortcomings and would feel the exact same way as you did were I in your shoes.

I know I can’t change what happened, but I would like to find out what the items were that were left and see if we still have them or if we can replace them for you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

I will look forward to the opportunity to make things right for you. I hope you will give us further opportunities to be your home away from home.

Hospitably,

Scott Bosak

Reviewed November 29, 2012

If you are looking for a quiet, convenient and affordable hotel near Downtown Columbus try the Drury Inn and Suites. The Bus to Downtown and to The Ohio State Campus (for the coldest OSU / Team Up North football game ever) are a block away, the Short North with all its yummy dining is within walking distance. German Village is a short cab ride away and the Arena and Convention Center are practically appendages of the hotel.

We stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites for six nights in November around the Thanksgiving Holiday. When we arrived at the the hotel for our first night, we had been upgraded to a king suite. It was a welcome sight to see the huge room- the king bedroom was large with a closet, two night stands with reading lights, a bureau with drawers for both of us and a 32 inch LCD (LED?) television.
The common area had a sofa bed, coffee table, desk area, a bureau with a larger flat screen tv, and a wet bar with a sink, coffee maker, and under the counter mini-fridge (empty! so we could put our food in it).
The bathroom had a sink and counter space separate from the toilet and tub/shower so we could both get ready at the same time.
We had lots of room to relax after visiting Columbus each day. Our college aged son used the pullout sofabed for a couple of nights while he was in town and said it was fine for a sofabed.

Parking was very easy. One's room key is used to enter and exit the secure garage and there was always a parking space available. One also uses the card-key to access the elevator. I liked the extra security and it was not a hassle at all.
All registered guests enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast each morning of their stay and a complimentary "kick-back" each evening. The breakfast offering was make your own waffles, scrambled eggs that one could add ham and cheese to, assorted breads, bagels, and cereals, breakfast potatoes, sausage, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, granola and oatmeal - something for everyone! The "Kick-back" offering during our stay was mac & cheese, hot dogs, vegetable soup, baked potatoes with fixings, and chicken strips. Not fine dining mind you, but it hit the spot. Each adult also received up to three complimentary cocktails each night of their stay.

There is a small fitness room with four cardio machines that was clean and well kept and they also have a swimming pool and hot tub.
What I like the most, however was the hospitality with which we were treated to every day. From the maintenance and housekeeping staff to the front desk staff, everyone was pleasant and positive and seemed to be happy to be there. I want to especially name Josh Yee, the Assistant General Manager. When we went by the front desk or saw him anywhere in the hotel, he was ready to accommodate us or any guest that had a question or comment.

I am picky about rooms I stay in. I want a quiet, clean, comfortable room. We were given a room (741) at the end of a long hallway, far away from the elevator and ice machine. We only heard our neighbors shutting their door around midnight one night. Other than that, not a peep. (there was a junior ice hockey tournament in town and the players and families were staying at the hotel.) However, as much as I have been raving about the Drury Inn, I have 2 negative comments:
1) The pillows on the bed- lumpy and squishy. Not for me at all.
2) The carpet in parts of our room was worn and stained. Not horribly, but if it was at my house I would call Stanley Steamer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family