The Hyatt was host hotel for my conference at the Covention Center. After a little reaserch, I reserved Drury Inn instead because: 1) it's directly adjacent to the Convention Center, 2) decor feels more relaxing and less business-like which I need ed after a long day and 3) cheaper rate than Hyatt. Guest parking in the garage is $12/day. You have to use your room key to enter and drive out the fully gated garage. I was staying for 5 nights so for a liitle more $$ I stepped up to a king suite.
Pros: no bathroom fan noise, very quiet HVAC, great view overlooking downtown, very comfy bed and pillows just like home, the dark colored carpet, earth tone wallpaper and lampshades effectively muted normally annoying compact flourescent bulb lighting.
Cons: No freezer compartment in the mini-fridge (for my ice packs). The fridge is inside a (floor level) cabinet which rendered it useless since the generated heat had nowhere to escape. The temp control had been set on max but the temperature inside was barely less than room tempertature. Fortunately the electrical cord was long enough that I slid the fridge out of the cabinet onto the floor. Then it worked fine. I took my ice packs to the front desk to be kept frozen in the hotel freezer. Rather than a card reader slot, you have to wave you room key in front of a magnetic reader. It normally work okay at the room door but often required waving the key several times to operate in the elevator and parking garage gates.
Overall a very nice downtown hotel. I'd stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Located in the heart of Downtown and adjoining the Greater Columbus Convention Center, the Drury Inn & Suites makes it easy to check-in and head out to explore all Columbus has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Columbus Convention Center
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Drury Inn Columbus
- Drury Inn Hotel Columbus
- Drury Columbus
- Columbus Drury
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center Ohio