We travelled to Columbus on New Years Eve to enjoy a Blue Jackets game and celebrate the Holiday. We arrived around 5:00 PM and were greeted by very friendly ladies at the front desk. They got us checked in and honored a "high room with a view request" made on their website when I made the original reservation. We were also given vouchers for free beer/wine in their Lobby Area.
The room we reserved was not a "suite" but it was very spacious for a double queen room. The room had a flat screen, plenty of work space at the desk, FREE wired or wireless internet, microwave, refrig etc.
The beds were very comfortable and the room's HVAC system was very easy to manage via a thermostat on the wall. The bathroom was small but how much space do you really need to shower? Requests were made in the AM on the First for extra towels and they were delivered within 10 minutes.
We did not make it in time to try the free dinner but we did enjoy the free breakfast. Eggs, bacon, waffles, sausage, french toast, cereal, donuts, muffins, juice, coffee, soft drinks, biscuits and gravy were all included. It was incredibly busy but the staff did an excellent job of keeping the platters full and fresh.
Parking is available via an attached garage and navigating the facility was very easy.
The only negative in the stay was there are only two elevators that service the garage and eight floors of the hotel. The wait time for elevators was up to 15 minutes between 0930 and 1130 in the morning. Seems like a flaw in design and was significant enough to be worthy of mention as a negative here. If you are in a hurry in the morning you may want to ask for a low floor so you can utilize the steps to access parking or the Lobby during peak times.
All of the staff from the Check In staff, to the buffet staff, to the housekeepers were ALL incredibly friendly and helpful! 10 stars to the Drury for service!
If you are in Columbus and want to enjoy a spacious room in a facility that is clean and staffed with friendly people for under $200.00 a night I would recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests of Drury Inn & Suites in downtown Columbus have easy access to the Greater Columbus Convention Center through an adjoining walkway. The hotel is close to other downtown attractions like the Short North Arts District and The Ohio State University. Shopping at North Market or catching a game in the Arena district is just a short walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Columbus Convention Center
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Drury Inn Columbus
- Drury Inn Hotel Columbus
- Drury Columbus
- Columbus Drury
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center Ohio