“Clean, Professional and safe place for Motorcycles” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center

Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center
Ranked #5 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Toronto
“Clean, Professional and safe place for Motorcycles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Really enjoyed my stay at the Drury Inn, not sure where to start, so many good things to say. Great locked and videoed parking garage (have to pay) which we liked considering our Harleys were going to be parked over night. Free wifi was awesome and lightning fast while using my iPhone. front desk lady was super friendly and helpful. I know this sounds odd but I think made a difference, the manager was wearing a dress shirt and tie and was very busy working with kitchen staff at breakfast time to make sure all was clean and organized. One thing that stands out was, cleaning staff and maintenance persons were all happy and pleasant, good sign of good working conditions. I would stay here again 100%. Oh, not like it really matters but our room overlooked a solarium? and not outside, not a big deal, just would be nice to get up in the morning and see how the weather is outside...once again, not a big deal. thank you, hope this helps.

Room Tip: My friend booked online, not sure who he used
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Mount Vernon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Wow, such a pleasant experience! I booked this hotel for my 5 yr. old son and I so he could experience/see the "city" since we live in the beautiful country where there are no "scy scrapers" as he calls them, and because we were doing a race early the next morning and live 1 1/2 hours away. Upon entering the hotel, we were greeted with genuine smiles and friendliness from Heather and Scott the two front desk personel who asked sincere questions about my trip there and seemed to truly be listening. For a sensitive and friendly person as myself, this really touched my heart. The night continued to get better when I called to see if there was any way we could change rooms to one with a view of the city for my son to see all lit up at night. Now, I am one of those people who have to work hard for everything I have, so the "luck" of winning or getting something for "free" is never on my side. That ended with my stay here!! When I called down I was lucky to have gotten the manager, Steve, who told me they were not at full capacity and would see what "magic" he could do. Ten minutes later he was at our door with new room keys to one of their city view suites!!!! I almost cried it was so big, and he didn't charge me the higher price. Lets just say my son was so very excited when it got dark out and we had the most amazing view of the city. Thank you all for your awesome kindness!!! You made our trip so worth the drive.

Room Tip: Do not stay on a busy weekend when a sporting event is going on, and you might get a lucky upgrade f...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Liberty Township, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Courteous staff, very clean hotel (rooms, lobby, pool area), one of the best happy hours you can find with free drinks and food. Very family-friendly!

Also very conveniet to a lot of venues and great restaurants. Short walk to Nationwide Arena...we stay here every time we go to a Blue Jackets game even though we only live 90 minutes away.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank cam199
Pontiac, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I couldn't get a room at the Hyatt for the Mid Ohio Comic Con this year. So I ended up using the Drury Inn.

- I really liked their parking. For the Hyatt you have to park across the street and it is a pain brining in groceries for the weekend and luggage. Here they had parking under the hotel rooms and it was a blessing.

- I also like that they included a fridge & microwave in the room. As someone who is barely part of the middle class, I don't have the money to go out for every meal. Also as a vegetarian this makes my life easier to pick up what I need at Meijer & Whole Foods and can cook as I need it.

- Also they had HDTV unlike Hyatt. There wasn't alot of selections, but it was nice to be able to watch some sports in-between the Convention in HD like at home.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank strahd9
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is GREAT!!! The front desk people are the best!!! The free food & drinks during happy hour were a wonderful surprise!!! The hotel is connected to the Convention Center where we needed to go, so we didn't have to go outside into the cold!!!! The breakfast in the morning was also wonderful! I highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in Columbus! We never heard of this hotel before this stay & now we will always try to book our stay here!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Katrinka513
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed there for the OHCA conference for two days... was very relaxing to go back to the hotel. Peaceful place from the hustle and bustle of the conference. Excellant service from the staff.... top notch staff very caring and compassionate!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Becki45
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

This was my first stay at a Drury Inn and I was not overly impressed. The rooms were fine and I slept well. We were on the first floor by the pool and right around the corner from the dining area so I was worried about sound but it was not a problem. The pool area looked nice enough and I was a little disappointed I hadn't brought my swimwear. Dinner and drinks are free and available from 5:30-7p. Dinner consists mostly of (IMO) junk food. Healthy options included: baked potatoes, salad, and fresh carrots/celery - not a full meal for me. I like and appreciate the concept, but personally did not enjoy the food. There was also no skim milk at breakfast the next day. I admit I am more of a healthy eater than most and I am probably being picky. For large families without food restrictions, this would be great. Parking was not free ($14?). The parking garage was overly full when we were there yet they were still letting more people in when there were no more open spaces. This crowded the lanes and could have been dangerous. Luckily we were there early enough to get an actual space. The main attraction for this hotel was its proximity to the LC Pavillion. It's an easy, well-lit walk. Recommended for families, but I just don't see my staying at this or any Drury again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple