“Great Value”

Ranked #4 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Defiance Ohio
“Great Value”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We stayed at the drury Inn April 22, the night before the spring game. It had a nice pool and had great nightly snacks and a good breakfast. They also had good security. The hotel was conviently located downtown where you can walk to many places.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank sunlover48

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Indianapolis
Reviewed April 1, 2011

This was our first stay at a Drury Inn and it was a very good experience. Our suite was big enough to sleep all 5 in our family comfortably and was clean and well presented. Lots of room amenities like fridge and microwave. Kids loved the pool, hot breakfast and snacks in the evening. Problems that arose were dealt with quickly and efficiently by the staff. They were also very helpful in suggesting great places to try in the city.

Amherst, Ohio
Reviewed March 28, 2011

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were very spacious and the breakfast and evening buffet were amazing. This hotel is within walking distance to the Arena and adjacent to the convention center. We will definitely stay here again for our next Blue Jackets game!

1 Thank mgrove76
Superior, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 16, 2011

My husband and I along with our 2 children, 10 and 2, stayed in a 2 room suite at this very comfortable hotel, for a family wedding. I could not have been more satisfied with the staff at this hotel. I stopped at the front desk to see if someone could take a look at the fan filter, Before I had a chance to get back up to the room on the 8th floor,. there was someone knocking on the door. WOW... This is a VERY secure hotel, please be advised DO NOT leave your room without your room key, you need it to use the elevator, get into the pool, enter and leave the parking ramp, and enter the elevator area from the parking area. No key, no entrance...it can get annoying at times, but it is for the security of the guests, so you work with it. On Saturday of our stay around 5:30 pm someone was making popcorn and set the fire alarms off...Oh boy!!! At 9:45 pm a maintenance worker knocked on our door to check the detectors in our room to make sure they were functioning...a little late at night for a family with a 2 year old, but again for the safety of the guests.

The food that was offered at breakfast as well as in the evening was repetitive but what do you want for FREE, the quality was good...I did not have to go out to get the kids dinner for 2 nights, everyone can find something to munch on...

I think that is time for "Spring Cleaning" as far as our room was concerned. The carpets were in need of scrubbing. We had a smoking room, the air was very stale, we had to run the a/c just to get the air moving to freshen it up a little...

All in all our trip was horrible, as we had a sick 2 year old, had it not been for this hotel and the staff I don't think I would have survived the weekend.

1 Thank LJKHALF
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Not a 5 Star full service hotel, but in many ways it is better. Very clean, price is competitive and the extras make this place a must stay.

• Stayed August 2010
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Check in was fast. Parking was $12.00, but easy. Room was a little scary in that it did not have an outside exit through the window, but rather it looked onto an interior courtyard/lounge area. I'm sure it meet the fire code, but I was uncomfortable with it. Fortunately, there were no groups that assembled in the area, as if they had they literally would have been only a few inches from our "window". Happy hour was extremely crowded, with not enough seating. It was not really "happy hour" food, but more of a meal with hot dogs, baked potatoes, etc. Breakfast was okay, but of below average quality and variety. The worst aspect of our stay was the lack of hot water when we attempted to shower after breakfast (9:30). When I told the front desk they commented that the "hotel was full"! So ask when you check in to see if the hotel is full and get up early if you want a hot shower. This has not happened to us in an American hotel in years. This was our first stay at a Drury Inn & Suites and will probably be our last.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2010
Thank you for submitting your trip advisor review from your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate all of the guest feedback I get as it helps me to constantly evaluate our procedures and product to insure that we can deliver what we promise. I value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved.

I apologize that you had concerns about the quality and selection of our free food extras that were offered during your stay. While we do rotate our snacks in the evening and try to find selections that all will be able to enjoy, we are aware that sometimes our choices are not perfect for all. I appreciate your comments as we are always evaluating our choices to make sure that we have a popular option available each evening.

As well, I apologize that you encountered a problem with the hot water in your room. Typically we do not have these types of problems and I regret that our front desk team member did not handle the situation in a more professional manner. Our goal is to resolve any issues before our guests leave and it is obvious we did not do that. I would like to discuss the matter in person with you. If you could please contact the hotel and ask for the general manager I would appreciate it.
cincinnati
Reviewed November 11, 2010

First time at a Drury Inn and wow was I surprised. The staff was amazingly nice.I mean ridiculously nice. I was totally floored with how pleasant even the women emptying the trash at breakfast were. Our stay included a happy hour with drinks and food. I'm not sure if it's typical or not but there was a large spread of hot dogs, nachos etc at happy hour. Breakfast included many hot items. Parking was included in the hotel price, which I've heard is not always the case with downtown hotels in Columbus.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple