“Awesome for brunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rich
Description: de-NOVO is your escape to exceptional food, seductive atmosphere, and always polished, but never pretentious service. Located in the heart of downtown Columbus, serving breakfast, lunch & dinner. Chef Robert Harrison has created an adventurous, second to none menu sure to keep you returning. Join us for live jazz with dinner service Thurs ~ Sat 7~10:30pm.
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

The view from our table was great, overlooking the park. Our server was incredibly fun, and did a great job explaining menu items and making recommendations. We all enjoyed a couple of mimosas, because it was brunch after all. We shared some lobster mac and cheese which was great, and I had some sort of spicy tuna something or other for my main dish which was really good, and we split some carrots cake fritters and a bread pudding of sorts for dessert. Everything was excellent.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Food was very good people were quite nice a fun place to eat parking is easy with valet we will return on a regular basis

1  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Comfortably seated and ready to order when all 3 garage-style windows were raised when the band started playing at The Commons. Wind gusts blew in 58 degree damp air. The window could not be lowered because one table made a reservation to be by the window and hear the concert. This policy was not shared when the reservation was made. Our server was put off when we asked for the window near us be adjusted and we were told this was not their policy. We asked to be moved and our new server Desirae was attentive and knowledgeable. Location was warmer but were unable to have conversations over the music. Brussels sprouts and crab cakes were delicious. Because we were a party of 5, a 20% gratuity was added. The tax was included in determining the amount of the tip which is ridiculous. No towels in a restroom, I asked bartender for something to dry my hands with. He suggested I go into another restroom and get one there. Some of the "attitudes" that we experienced are mentioned in other reviews. I'm thinking this reflects more on the management.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

De Novo is a beautiful cafe on High Street with a beautiful interior and exterior. I enjoyed sitting outside dining al fresco. I went for brunch and there were so many delightful options to choose from but I settled on the mile high quiche and was not disappointed. The quiche was filled with bacon, Gruyere and spinach. The crust was perfect and the salad was crisp. The coffee was strong and hot, just how I like it!

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

There were about eight of us who dined here together one evening for dinner. We all ordered different items and some of us liked them and some of us didn't. First of all the spicy grapefruit margarita is sweet there was no spice. One girl got a pasta dish that the waiter said was pretty spicy and she said there's nothing spicy about it. I only tell you this because some people order menu items because they like the spice so I just want you to know that they are not spicy. The Boston salad is a joke. It's basically just some lettuce with a tiny bit of cheese and a couple nuts. The hamburger sliders were pretty good but the fries were not hot and they were mushy. People liked the tuna cups and the brussel sprouts. The chicken sandwich and the duck were just average. You can sit outside which I think is wonderful. And the service was pretty decent.