“Great Accoustics! I Could Hear My Date”

Barrel 44 Whiskey Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: College Ave
Description: Barrel 44 Whiskey Bar & Resaurant offers over 150 whiskeys and a legendary happy hour Monday thru Saturday 3-7:00pm! We offer brunch every Saturday and Sunday until 3:00. We offer a giant bar with a lounge area, multi-tiered dining room and a private banquet and event space. Contempory-American cuisine with a Great Kids menu.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've been twice now in the last 8 months or so (on visits to Columbus). Both times I had very professional service and delicious food that was good value for the money.

I have had the crab cakes (twice), the bruschetta, and the flatbread/pizza with chorizo and shrimp (not something I would have ordered, but next time I will).

The space is good for a date because the booths are designed in such a way so that you can hear -- and you don't feel like you are in on the conversation at the next table.

The wait staff was great -- charming and very professional. The management must be good there.

Have not yet sat at the bar, but it looks like a good one.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Yum yum yum!! Loved it! A small plate of jumbo scallops and a 44 salad was perfect size! I ate every bit and can't wait to try this place again. Great service and like the atomosphere.

1  Thank Girlfriend2u
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was anxious to try this place - just down the street from where I live. First, I'm heavy, and the hostess put us in a booth which was very tight. I asked if we could move to a table (all of which were empty) and she just snickered and said no. We asked the waiter after sitting there for a minute and he said sure, as long as we were still in his section. I'm pretty sure he was the only waiter on the entire top floor. So, that's aggravating.

The house salad was delicious, and my daughter's 44 burger was good. My husband did not think the ribeye was a quality cut. For $30, he felt it should have been a good cut of beef. Scalloped potatoes that automatically came with it were good but slightly burnt. I did not like the mushroom soup. As opposed to a cream base, it was lumpy and cheesy. My waiter asked if I liked it and I said no, but he did not offer to take it off the bill. So, $70 for a small salad, soup, a ribeye dinner, and a hamburger, all of which were just so-so.

Service was very good, but I wasn't happy with his defending the soup instead of just taking it off the bill.

1  Thank artsiren
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I went their Happy hour with my friends. The staff was very friendly and I was impresses with their selection of small plates. i would like to come back and try different small plates.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent food. Great selection. Sandwiches are delicious. If you like burgers, try their bourbon burger. Shrimp and scallop pasta also delicious. Flatbreads are definately worth it also. I guess the real truth is that we haven't ever had anything we didn't enjoy. We have visited the one in Bexley. Our son goes to Capital University which is across the street so a great place for us to take him for a great meal after his football games or just whenever. Side note is that they really support the university and the students there. They have a nice bar area, but a really nice dinner area totally away from the bar.