“Tasty Thai Food”

Basil Short North Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Basil Short North Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #534 of 2,300 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I ate at Basil after purchasing a Groupon. I've recently gotten into Thai food, and I think the food here is pretty good. We ordered a fried tofu appetizer which could have used more seasoning, but it was served with a really good sauce. I also had the Pad Thai which was pretty good. Overall it wasn't the best Thai food I've tasted, but it was decent. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here again, however I wouldn't avoid it either. The service was really good.

1  Thank anlea0408

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to a friend's birthday at Basil and we ordered a variety of dishes. AMAZING FOOD!
The service was great, the atmosphere wonderful (liked how spacious the place is). The prices are decent, the place clean. I honestly cannot say one negative thing about Basil. If you haven't eaten there you are truly missing out on a fab dining experience.

1  Thank wassenaar10
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our first visit, so I asked about people's favorites. The server guided me to the curries... the green one in particular. It was outstanding - perfect combination of cream and spice.

1  Thank Golfgal5

PLA RADPRICK $18

Whole Tilapia fish deep fried until crispy, topped with a sweet and sour garlic sauce. Garnished with carrots and cilantro.

Need I say more? This of course is a whole Tilapia so if you have an issue with bones this may not be for you. It's a little work but the waiter will tell you how to work around the bones and it's is worth every bite. I crave this dish and every time that we eat at Basil I look at the menu thinking that I will try something else but I never do.

1  Thank RedRobbi
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We love Basil -- fresh tasty Thai food in a funky modern setting. We especially like the "Thai tapas", which are small plates served from 4 to 7 pm -- I know it's to go with happy hour, but it works really well for an early dinner with kids. Service is friendly, and there are lots of gluten-free choices clearly identified on the menu.

1  Thank R M