“Five star prices for one star food”
Review of 89 Fish & Grill - CLOSED

89 Fish & Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nationwide Blvd. / High St.
Transit: There is a Taxi Station across the street from the restaurant.
Description: 89 Fish & Grill uses only the freshest seafood, meats, dairy and produce available. Our menu is prepared daily in our scratch kitchen with an emphasis on locally sourced ingredients. At the bar we offer hand crafted cocktails with fresh squeezed juices, micro brewed beers, & a wonderful wine selection from around the world.
Reviewed May 16, 2016

Wife and two daughters went and had a very average experience. Should've known what was coming when we were seated at 7:45 on a Saturday night and the place was empty. Wife had filet, and daughters had salmon. Extremely average quality and taste but five star prices. Forty dollar entrees should be significantly better than what we received. The owners must really think a lot of themselves to charge the prices they do for the food they serve. Don't know how this place has stayed in business, but based on the lack of customers the rest of Columbus has figured out there are much better places to eat. We won't be back.

Reviewed May 9, 2016

As one of the first to review this place when it opened, I'll be one of that last to give it a final review. We went here for the last time this weekend. This has been one of our go to spots before Blue Jackets games. Sadly, the restaurant has been bought out and will be replaced by a steak house--the last day is May 14. We will miss it. We had their special sea bass in a saki broth and the scallops with a truffle risotto. Both were very good as always. We'll miss the great service and friendly bar scene--and the wonderful chalk art on blackboards throughout. I'm sure we'll give the new place a try, but we'll miss this old standard. Thanks to all who gave us many memorable moments.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

This place is nice. I had the Ahi Tuna Rare with roasted brussel sprouts and Asparagus Beer with dinner and we sat outside. located right across from the Drury Inn its what you expect. everything is 20 dollars and up but well done.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

This was my first time at this restaurant and would not got back. The food was not bad but very average. I had the shrimp cocktail appetizer and salmon as a main course. I grill salmon at least every two weeks on my grill so know what a good piece can taste like. This was not that. It was very bland with little seasoning. The shrimp was also just OK, not crisp like it should be. I can get better shrimp at a local speciality grocery.

Reviewed April 14, 2016

My sons and I had dinner here on a Thursday night. We each ordered something the server recommended. The burger was good, but the other dinners were the same quality as Max & Erma's next door. The scallops and risotto were undercooked and the truffle flavor was overwhelming. I had the crab topped tilapia. It was real crab but tasted lie it was imitation.

I know a lot of people have enjoyed dinner there so we tried it. Will we go back? No, not with so many other options in the area on High Street and in the Short North area.