“Best Stromboli”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northwest Blvd
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I bought a Groupon for Carsonie's and was able to go and use it last night. Monday night is "Kids eat free" and entertainment by Erica (balloon lady). Erica was amazing and had a great personality. We ordered "The Original Stromboli" and added mushrooms. It takes about 25 minutes for the Stromboli but it is well worth the wait. It was delicous. We will be back. The other menu items also looked delicious as they were being delivered to the tables.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was told this place had great stomboli and I have to say it's pretty solid. I enjoyed their house salad as well. The salad was nothing special but their house italian dressing is the best I have had. It was hard to believe it was fat free dressing. They also have a version of a bellini on their cocktail menu. That is hard to find for some reason. The atmosphere is a chill place. I liked it and would definately go back.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

When it takes a restaurant almost 2 hours to feed a family -- even if it is 12 people -- you know the service is lousy. Luckily we were meeting more for time together than we were a meal because that's just the order in which things happened. We waited close to 10 minutes before the waitress came to take the drink orders, another 15-20 for her to come take our orders, and then another half hour for the items to come out. I will give them the half hour because we got pizzas and calzones but when they come out cold....

I understand when you get a pizza with a number of toppings that it takes a bit longer to cook. Apparently, however, this pizza kitchen didn't understand this concept. We only got four items and yet the pizza was cold under the layers of toppings. We sent our pizza back and it was easily another 15 minutes for it to return. It still was cold -- now just not in the center but all over. It was like she took it back to the kitchen and it sat there. We boxed it up to take home and heat it properly ourselves.

My mother wanted to try their elephant ears. When it's a specialty of the house, usually it's a good idea. Not this time! They were so greasy they were impossible to eat. I know we hit a slow time for our meal (2 on a Sunday afternoon) but come on, people! Cold pizza, greasy dessert, and a waitress you have to break away from her texting to serve you? Needless to say, we won't return!