“Overnight stay, parking for airport”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport
Ranked #24 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed here the night before our early departure. The room met our needs for the short stay. The bed was comfortable, but it wasn't one of those adjustable mattresses that HGI's have at other locations. The bathroom was clean.

We were able to leave our car here for free ($5 per day after 5 days), then take the shuttle to the airport at 4:30 a.m. When we got back to Columbus, I called for the shuttle from the luggage claim area. It was waiting for us by the time we got out to the pick-up area.

Room Tip: If leaving your car while you travel, park at the far end of the lot. First, let others have a park...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenny K

Reviewed March 24, 2012

This hotel is right at the airport. In fact it’s across the street from the control tower. Interestingly, even though you can see the planes, you really don’t hear them.

The hotel is very nice. The staff is extremely friendly. The rooms are very neatly kept, and every day when returning to the room, it was spotless, and all the bedding was meticulously made. It was a pleasure to go into the room each day. Television channels are adequate.

A pool and a workout room are provided, but I didn’t try them. Don’t want to overdo the healthy thing. There is a nice breakfast selection every morning, including eggs cooked to order. The dinner selection in the dining room was well thought out, and really good. You have to try the fish and chips. Again the staff was great.

An airport shuttle is provided, even though the ride is surprisingly short. Going to the airport on the last day was no more than 5 minutes.

The only thing that keeps this hotel from getting an A+ is the wireless connection. It’s there, but it is weak and slow. Don’t plan any heavy use. I didn’t try it, but there is also a wired connection, bring your own cable.

Overall, I recommend this hotel when you have business in Columbus.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the airport are probably not as quiet. The hotel has center elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2012

On a particularly busy weekend, this was one of the few places we could find. It was adequate, but I would not return if I had other choices. Noisy guests in the hallways woke us throughout both nights, and the door and walls did little to muffle the sound. The breakfast is a combined buffet and table service arrangement for $10/person. There was one waitress for the entire restaurant, and she was overwhelmed, and it took an hour for what could have been a quick, convenient breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mamitxoh
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel - very clean, spacious rooms and excellent food, both for breakfast and dinner. The staff was kind enough to let us use a meeting room without much notice and the hotel shuttle will take you to the nearby Eaton Center (outdoor mall with restaurants and shopping) I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: the rooms on the back side of the hotel face away from the airport
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The staff was accommodating, especially the front desk Manager Dee, great customer service!

The hotel rooms are bit outdated compare to others and the cable channels not a huge selection, but overall ok and clean room.

The hotel is next door to the airport and connected directly near the major interstate which made life easy!

The have a restaurant and bar in the hotel which is great but, the restaurant menu not very good and the may want to consider a change in menu selection.

The restaurants and shopping center are very close which gives you options.

Overall good hotel for business travelers!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I stayed here in November 2011 and had a decent experience; it wasn't the best Hilton Garden Inn I've stayed in, but it was satisfactory. The decor is on the older/dowdy side, but my room was clean. Generally, service was satisfactory; it was a bit slow in the restaurant, but very nice, and my food was good. The business center was fully equipped.

One major complaint: the fitness center. Its equipment was terrible and needs to be updated. The fitness center was below the standard I expect from the chain.

Location is right by the exit to the airport; there's not tons around it, but you can't ask for anything closer to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I frequently stay in a Garden Inn (Hhonors Gold) because of consistent service, food and accommodations. The Hilton Garden Inn at the Columbus, OH airport met my expectations with regard to food and accommodations but not service. I checked in late on Sunday, October 23 for a two night stay. Monday morning I tried to access my email before my first appointment only to find that wireless signal was all but non existent. No problem since I had an Ethernet cable and there were instructions sitting in the middle of the desk about using a wired connection. No luck since I found there was no wired connection. I stopped by the front desk on the way out and identified myself by name and room number. I indicated that there was a problem and I would really need internet access in the afternoon. She said that they were aware of a problem but I could sign on to the Hampton Inn site (they share a parking lot) and she provided me with the sign-on. Came back in the afternoon and found that the Hampton Inn site wasn’t even an option. Call to the front desk and a different clerk indicated that I was on the wrong side of the hotel to access the Hampton site. He also indicated that the Garden Inn had been having problems for some time. He asked me to give him 20 minutes and he would get me a room across the hall. I got involved in another call for about 45 minutes and heard nothing from the front desk. Went down to the desk. Clerk indicated that they didn’t have a room clean. Very poor customer service since the front desk already knew I needed to move and had also committed to a 20 minute wait. Clerk called housekeeping and found a room. I indicated to him that I was very disappointed about the level of service and asked that he pass on my disappointed to the general manager. Either that never happened or the general manager didn’t care since there was no follow-up. For me customer service sets the tone of a property. The staff knew the problem existed but did nothing until it was raised as a problem by the guest. Not a very proactive position to take!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hampton Inn Columbus Airport
#28 of 145 in Columbus
Hampton Inn Columbus West
Hampton Inn Columbus West
#25 of 145 in Columbus

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!