Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center
Ranked #93 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many hotels over the years but have to say that the holiday inn express on 701 E Hudson street in Columbus Ohio leads the pack. They have the friendliest staff and cleanest rooms. Great housekeeping staff and they
all spoke English which is hard to find these days. Housekeeping was impeccable. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome. I have never received such personalized service even at the most expensive hotels. Hugo,
Melissa and Ashley were on the
front desk during our visit and always had a smile. They printed out directions for us to places we planned to visit. Debbie and heather were hostesses in the breakfast
Room and they were constantly hustling and cleaning tables. Also the best free breakfast buffet. I have never seen a staff of people like this anywhere. I give them my highest mark. If you are ever in the area you must stay at this hotel. You won't be
Disappointed

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
holidayinnexpress00, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Angel 1017,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our hotel. Here at the Holiday Inn Express - Ohio State Fair/Expo Center we value our guest's feedback as it allows us to better understand their needs. We are very fortunate so have such a hardworking and passionate team and I am glad to see that they were able to make your stay with us so memorable! We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you and your friends again very soon.
Nalini, Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels over the years but have to say that the Holiday Inn Express on 701 E. Hudson Street in Columbus, Ohio leads the pack. They have the friendliest staff and cleanest rooms. Great housekeeing staff and great free breakfast buffet. Housekeeping was impeccable and they were friendly and personable. They even spoke and understood English which is always a plus. Going out of their way to make us feel at home as did everyone there. I have never received such personalized service even at the most expensive hotels. Everyone had a smile and offered a helping hand with everything. Hugo, Ashley and Melissa were on the front desk and they couldnt have been nicer and more helpful. They printed out directions for us to places we wanted to go. Also Debbie and Heather were the hostesses in the breakfast area. They were constantly hustling and cleaning off tables. I have just never seen a staff of people like this anywhere. I give them the highest mark. If you are ever in the area, please stay at this hotel. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
holidayinnexpress00, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Evelyn, Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel with others by reviewing your most recent stay. Here at the Holiday Inn Express - Ohio State Fairgrounds we train our team to always look out for ways to make our guest's stay more memorable. I am so happy to see that we exceeded your expectations and made your stay with us noteworthy. Per our phone conversation regarding your stay I am honored that you choose to celebrate a special life event with us! It was truly a pleasure hosting you and we hope to see you both again very very soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is the second year in a row I stayed at this hotel while attending Ohio Quarter Horse Congress. The folks are friendly and helpful. Better than family! They were attentive to my every need. The room was clean and has a large bathroom and spacious shower. The beds were very comfortable. The indoor pool area was warm, clean and inviting. Jen, Wilbur, Melissa and Hugo went out of their way to make my stay the best that it could be. The morning breakfast was good, and I even got in on the afternoon choc chip cookies too! The only thing I would change is the exercise room, which could use some free weights and yoga mats or bench. I hear they are working on it! Overall, this it a place I will stay, again and again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
holidayinnexpress06, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Doctorcindy,
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting the Ohio Quarter Horse Congress this year! I am beyond excited to share your kind words with Jen, Wilbur, Hugo, Melissa and the rest of my team. Here at the Holiday Inn Express - Ohio State Fair we value your feedback as it allows us to better improve the services we provide our guest's. I have taken your suggestions regarding our fitness center to our General Manager and I anticipate that you will be very pleased with the changes we've made the next time you see us. Thank you again for your continued loyalty and we hope to see you again very soon!
Nalini, Manager

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel and received GREAT service both times. Victor and Trusha were very helpful, professional and went above and beyond. The hotel was clean, rooms comfortable and when I come back to Columbus I won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jackcharles
Trusha107, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Jackcharles, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel! I am glad to see that our staff and accommodations were able to meet your expectations. On behalf of myself and Victor we appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We ended up here after canceling 4 nights at another hotel in downtown. We really liked it. Location is not the best but we were in columbus for the USA game and it was very close to the crew stadium. Clean rooms, nice beds, not complicated cable system. HD TV. Decent breakfast. Friendly staff.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Trusha107, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Miguel I, I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel during the exciting USA vs. Mexico game this past week! Being just walking distance from the Columbus Crew Stadium helps fans stay close and avoid the long lines of traffic! I am happy our hotel's cleanliness and amenities better enhanced your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I checked into the room late at night, and the front desk clerk was friendly. The room was clean and well maintained. I went down for breakfast about 8:30am, and all of the food was already being removed. Many people were in the dining area, and I was surprised at how rapidly they were carting food away! I snagged a biscuit from a cart, and had to go to the back to ask for water for tea. The surrounding area appears a bit depressed with few eating establishments.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alicia L
Trusha107, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. We truly value your feedback as it allows us to adjust our product and services to better serve our guest's. I have brought your concerns regarding our breakfast bar to the attention of not only the breakfast staff but also the General Manager. I assure you, breakfast will not be put away earlier than it should be. I do apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Please allow us another opportunity to show you that we strive to not only meet, but exceed our guest's expectations! We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was very satisfied with this hotel. Very clean. The check in was fast. Staff very helpful.
The room was great. I had 2 queen beds and very comfortable. It had a nice Plasma Tv, Fridge and microwave. The linen was excellent quality. The bathroom was awesome.
They have a pool and gym.
The breakfast was great, scrambled eggs, yogurt, pancakes, sausage, sausage gravy, biscuits, bananas, bread and toast, juice and coffee and tea. All you need for a breakfast. Nothing fancy but great. The staff kept it clean and very nice.
They have free wireless in the rooms. Free Parking.

I just stayed in a 3.5 stars hotel in san diego the Marriott, I had to pay for internet, parking and no breakfast.
If you stay with 2.5 stars like this, I think you get alot more than the more star hotels.

Definitely will stay in another Holiday Inn Express.

They also have a Wendys across from the hotel.
You will love it.

PS: Thanks to the cleaning staff. I put a do not disturb sign all day, and they left a letter, that if I needed anything to call, as they noticed my sign and did not do the room. Very nice of them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Trusha107, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

doctorCanada,
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and on behalf of my entire team and I thank you so much for taking the time to leave our hotel such a fantastic review! We hope your travels bring you back to our hotel and we truly hope to see you again very soon!