“Liked it so much, stayed there twice in one week. FRIENDLY and clean!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center
Ranked #89 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on a Tuesday. We liked it so much, that we cancelled our reservation at another hotel on Saturday and stayed there again. Clean, comfortable rooms. GREAT free breakfast, nice pool. And EVERYONE was very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Trusha107, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for not just one but TWO of your stays while visiting Columbus! Here at the Holiday Inn Express at Ohio State Fairgrounds we appreciate your business and value your feedback. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait to see you again very soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying two nights at this Holiday Inn Express on 701 E. Hudson Street on July 18-19, 2013. I was pleased with the friendly staff. The cleanliness of my room and the entire facility. I had a friend and family member ask me if I would be okay staying at this location because it is in an urban area and I told them absolutely! I said as long as the hotel is well maintained, which this one is, then that is not a problem for me. Also, when I looked at several customer reviews of other hotels near Easton where I would be spending some time at, the ratings were either mediocre or poor. When I read the customer reviews for this Holiday Inn Express, I was sold, and when I arrived to the hotel, I was no where disappointed. Instead I was impressed. The hotel is less than a mile from the highway and not far from Easton. I would definitely consider staying at this location again :).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Trusha107, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of our hotel! Here at the holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center we pride ourselves in delivering a product that is both comfortable and enjoyable. I am also happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location, being just 10 minutes from some of Columbus's most popular destinations definitely has it's perks! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with others! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here this past June 2013. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this particular Holiday Inn Express because we found Melissa, Hugo and Nalini to be so very helpful and gracious. Example - Since my wife and I were to be out and about the Columbus area the entire day-the hotel was indeed centrally-located to visit German Village and also the Columbus Museums downtown- Melissa saw to it that some of the optional night-time snack of cookies were put aside for us to be picked up at the front desk upon our return at night. This might seem inconsequential in itself but to me this simple act of kindness was typical of the staff's atitude of warm hospitality. And, the tasty, hot Continental breakfast was an added treat as my wife and I could proceed with our morning without searching around for a restaurant the first thing in the AM. I recommend this hotel and its friendly staff. - James and Marianne

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James H

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a stellar review of our hotel! I am so happy to see that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay and I am excited to share your kind words with Melissa, Hugo and Nalini! Our convenient location, complimentary hot breakfast every morning and welcoming service team will hopefully entice you to come visit us again very soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one quick night to catch a Crew match. The location is not that great because of the freeway, gas stations, some questionable areas and not incredibly walkable, but it served its purpose and is very close to the soccer stadium.Trusha was incredibly accommodating (even printed a map for us!), & this really helped to make our stay. She was so friendly, as was the rest of the staff; the woman who oversees and prepares the free breakfast is so pleasant, too. I plan to call Holiday Inn corporate for two purposes: first, to commend the wonderful staff, but second to mention the shower curtains...they seem to hold a damp/ bacterial smell, but this was the same story at a Holiday Inn Express I stayed at the precious week with my sister in Chelsea, MI. I did share this was with the very kind & receptive morning receptionist and she said it wasn't the first she's heard of this; so I told her that I'd call corporate as each location is a carbon copy of the other. However, aside from this (& I'm highly sensitive to "off" odors), we had a very nice stay, a great breakfast, good sleep and even snook in a hard workout in the convenient fitness center!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank AandJTravelers1
Trusha107, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It's feedback like yours that allows us to constantly continue to improve our product for our guests. I am so glad to hear that our staff was so incredibly accommodating. Here at the Holiday Inn Express we pride ourselves on our customer service and as a result we are always trying to anticipate our guests needs. I do apologize however for the problem you experienced with your shower curtain, again we value your feedback as it allows us to better improve our guest's stay in the future. We have taken note of your observance and have set plans in motion to resolve this issue immediately. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Columbus!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much. We found the room to be clean and very comfortable. What stood out to us the most was the friendly, competent, and professional staff. A standout among the staff was Trusha. Her knowledge of the area was very helpful to us. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Kathy T
holidayinnexpress06, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center. I have shared your wonderful comments with Trusha, who was thrilled to receive an "honorable mention" in your review! I truly appreciate your willingness to take the time to recognize us. I thank you for your business and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The staff is very very friendly. The rooms were nice and seemed updated. They made sure we had everything we needed and were very pleasant to speak to. Ashley and Trucia are a true asset to this hotel! As well as the night auditor.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank jdaniels38

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center. I have shared your wonderful comments with our team, and especially Ashley and Trusha, who was thrilled to receive an "honorable mention" in your review! I truly appreciate your willingness to take the time to recognize our hard working team. I thank you for your business and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a great location. It's next to the stadium and fairgrounds and right off the interstate and within a 10 minute drive to OSU or downtown. We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed our time. The staff was super friendly and helpful and the rooms were very comfortable and affordable. We looked into other hotels in the city and for the price (this one includes free breakfast) and location, this place couldn't be beat. Plus free parking! Nearly every hotel downtown was charging over $20 to park. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Merlin C

Thank you for selecting the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center to be your home away from home during your recent visit to the Columbus area. It is nice to hear that you found our location ideal and that you enjoyed all the services our hotel offers. We truly care about the quality of our guests' stay and are very glad you felt that. We hope to see you again soon!