“Fantastic Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center
Ranked #94 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed January 18, 2013

From when I called to add a day because of weather I had Kevin who could not be more helpful and got me a room. I had he next morning and after that Mel and Jasmine were always there to give great directions and places to eat. Will stay here every year with this team. Thanks to all of you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank michael r
holidayinnexpress06, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

THANK YOU for your very thorough and detailed review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center. I truly appreciate you taking the time to tell the world about your experience via tripadvisor. Our team thrives from the positive feedback received from our guests. Thank you for your business and I hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

When we made our cell phone reversations, the person who accepted and confirmed our reservations did not say that they were not the actual Holiday Inn in columbus. When we arrived and found out that a third party was involved and that we weren't qualified for the priorityclub rewards. i fortunately could trace the reservation call. Trusha, the manager, was extremely helpful in finding out who represented themselves as the actual Holiday inn reservation center. The person to whom I gave my acct info and e-mail address was from a generic center. Trusha is to be thanked by the
hI organization for here polite business acumen and helped us straighten out the issue

My recommendcation to Holiday Inn Corp. Is that it be stated up front that one is going through a third party thereby paying more. The internet side I used to find the phone number said hix/Columbus 701 E. hudson st. The traveler is not aware of what is happening and that is deceptive.

I hope this hotel chain reads this because it is very frustrating for travelers to find all the above transpired. There's also deception in the fact the reservation center stated that
I booked online. Had speaker phone on so that husband heard the whole transaction!

Fortunately I had all the cell phone tracking #'s to prove what happened. I did not book online!

Thank you Trusha far your making this turn out as a nice stay. Hopefully, I won ' t encounter this again on our trip across country.

Marlene Salvatore

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rockports

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent visit with us at the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center.
We will be sure to let Trusha know of your comments and how much you appreciated her hospitality.Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations regarding the reservations service. Please rest assured that this matter will be looked into. We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Columbus.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great service at the E. Hudson location. Associate Rickey W. at the front desk was very polite and helpful. He was very informative about the stay in the hotel and answered any questions we had. All the breakfast items were great and the staff was friendly. The rooms where clean and the complimentary gifts at the front desk were appreciated. We felt very comfortable staying at this location and always have.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank beverlym295

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We will be sure to let Ricky know of your comments and how much you appreciated his hospitality. We hope that you have the opportunity to visit with us again

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had a great experience with this hotel from the moment I walked in the door. The associate at the front desk, Rickey W., was extremely helpful and engaging. He answered all of my questions about the area and reminded me of the complimentary breakfast in the morning. This is a no smoking, no pets facility which I was very happy with. My room was extremely clean and I couldn't hear any road noises from outside.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank sticks7107
holidayinnexpress06, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you for giving us another opportunity to prove to you our commitment to excellent guest service coupled with clean, well maintained guest rooms.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center. I have shared your wonderful comments with our team, and especially Rickey, who was thrilled to receive an "honorable mention" in your review! I truly appreciate your willingness to take the time to recognize our hard working team. Thank you for your loyalty, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel was super spectacular. My Pap had a major heart surgery at Ross Heart Hospital, and we live 3 1/2 hrs away. We were greeted by an awesome staff!! Breakfast had lots of choices....Even gave us a major discount. Only disappointment was no hot tub. After sitting in hospital chairs it would have been welcomed. Hotel is adjacent to a Wendy's restaurant and Family Dollar store. My family loved adjoining rooms and free US Today delivered every morning. Hotel was spotless and inviting. Hopefully, no more surgeries, but if so, I know where to stay :)

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank meaniemomma

We are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. We want to thank you for your compliments about our exceptional breakfast and our amazing staff. We are very delighted to hear that our front desk staff went above and beyond to assist you. Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had read other reviews about this property and was a little leary about the location. However, it was not bad at all. It is right off the expressway and not quite into the bad area of town. We had a king executive room and it was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff at the hotel was very friendly. The price is right for an over night stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Trvlagnt_01

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your stay. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

At 7 p.m. found out our flight was late. Called hotel and said hold room (which was prepaid) we will be late. Arrive at 2 a.m. with my daughter and we are informed there were no rooms. Night desk person says it's a common experience at hotel because they do not turn off on-line booking when hotel reaches capacity. Hotel sends us to nearby hotel. I ask for a call from the manager. Never received a call. New hotel is full so we are sent back to Holiday Inn Express where we stay 2 nights. I will say it was clean and quiet. However, reservation system and lack of phone call is unacceptable. I will say that they refunded one night's stay, but still am steamed they never called to discuss fact that we were forced back into the night at 2 a.m. after making extra effort of calling to make sure they kept our prepaid room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family