Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center
Ranked #87 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Akron, Ohio
“Short Columbus Stay”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had a great experience with this hotel from the moment I walked in the door. The associate at the front desk, Rickey W., was extremely helpful and engaging. He answered all of my questions about the area and reminded me of the complimentary breakfast in the morning. This is a no smoking, no pets facility which I was very happy with. My room was extremely clean and I couldn't hear any road noises from outside.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sticks7107
holidayinnexpress06, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for giving us another opportunity to prove to you our commitment to excellent guest service coupled with clean, well maintained guest rooms.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center. I have shared your wonderful comments with our team, and especially Rickey, who was thrilled to receive an "honorable mention" in your review! I truly appreciate your willingness to take the time to recognize our hard working team. Thank you for your loyalty, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel was super spectacular. My Pap had a major heart surgery at Ross Heart Hospital, and we live 3 1/2 hrs away. We were greeted by an awesome staff!! Breakfast had lots of choices....Even gave us a major discount. Only disappointment was no hot tub. After sitting in hospital chairs it would have been welcomed. Hotel is adjacent to a Wendy's restaurant and Family Dollar store. My family loved adjoining rooms and free US Today delivered every morning. Hotel was spotless and inviting. Hopefully, no more surgeries, but if so, I know where to stay :)

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank meaniemomma
We are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. We want to thank you for your compliments about our exceptional breakfast and our amazing staff. We are very delighted to hear that our front desk staff went above and beyond to assist you. Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Gibsonburg, Ohio
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had read other reviews about this property and was a little leary about the location. However, it was not bad at all. It is right off the expressway and not quite into the bad area of town. We had a king executive room and it was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff at the hotel was very friendly. The price is right for an over night stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Trvlagnt_01
Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your stay. We hope to see you again very soon!
Hastings, MN
Reviewed November 5, 2012

At 7 p.m. found out our flight was late. Called hotel and said hold room (which was prepaid) we will be late. Arrive at 2 a.m. with my daughter and we are informed there were no rooms. Night desk person says it's a common experience at hotel because they do not turn off on-line booking when hotel reaches capacity. Hotel sends us to nearby hotel. I ask for a call from the manager. Never received a call. New hotel is full so we are sent back to Holiday Inn Express where we stay 2 nights. I will say it was clean and quiet. However, reservation system and lack of phone call is unacceptable. I will say that they refunded one night's stay, but still am steamed they never called to discuss fact that we were forced back into the night at 2 a.m. after making extra effort of calling to make sure they kept our prepaid room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kevin M
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 31, 2012

they have great service and trusha and lj are very helpful receptionist. the beds are very comfortable and the food is amazing. i really enjoyed the relaxing pool they have. the gym needs some weight but it still have everything you'll need for a good work out. you should def. stay in this hotel !!!

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
holidayinnexpress06, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience all the way around and we look forward to welcoming you back!

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center, we thank you for your business and kind words!

All the Best,
Alcoa, Tennessee
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was greeted by a friendly and helpful receptionist. My room was ready. The bathroom had a sour odor to it so they cleaned it again and it was slightly better...so I got some febreeze, and that fixed it. The bed was heavenly. I like the white comforter and sheets so you can tell how clean they are. The towels were soft and plentiful. The room had a coffee maker and microwave and refrigerator all of which worked well. I found all the staff to be helpful and pleasant. the breakfast was on time and plentiful also. There was plenty of parking. The pool was well cared for and clean. The bathroom was large and roomy( I love that part)and clean. No mold. I just Love this place. It is close to the fairgrounds and the interstate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank doctorcindy
holidayinnexpress06, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted you liked our comfortable bed and clean rooms. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around.
I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Upper Marlboro
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Upon entering the hotel, I was promptly greeted. The lobby area was clean, and there were fresh cookies for guests. When I got to my room, I received a phone call making sure everything was okay and letting me know to contact the front desk if I needed anything. The room was clean, but the towels were a little dingy. I thought one was dirty, but it was just stained. The air conditioning was also very loud, but I was pretty tired every night, so it didn’t bother me too much. They did have breakfast every morning, which I did not get to try, but I heard it was pretty good. There’s also a Wendy’s right next door. About 5-10 minutes away, there’s a shopping center with tons of good restaurants. Overall, my stay was pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for not being able to provide you with a better experience. This is not typical of our hotel and team; we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We will work with our entire team in order to correct the issues you mentioned. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again when your travels bring you to Columbus again.