Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center
Ranked #90 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had read other reviews about this property and was a little leary about the location. However, it was not bad at all. It is right off the expressway and not quite into the bad area of town. We had a king executive room and it was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff at the hotel was very friendly. The price is right for an over night stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Trvlagnt_01
holidayinnexpress06, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your stay. We hope to see you again very soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center

Reviewed November 5, 2012

At 7 p.m. found out our flight was late. Called hotel and said hold room (which was prepaid) we will be late. Arrive at 2 a.m. with my daughter and we are informed there were no rooms. Night desk person says it's a common experience at hotel because they do not turn off on-line booking when hotel reaches capacity. Hotel sends us to nearby hotel. I ask for a call from the manager. Never received a call. New hotel is full so we are sent back to Holiday Inn Express where we stay 2 nights. I will say it was clean and quiet. However, reservation system and lack of phone call is unacceptable. I will say that they refunded one night's stay, but still am steamed they never called to discuss fact that we were forced back into the night at 2 a.m. after making extra effort of calling to make sure they kept our prepaid room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed October 31, 2012

they have great service and trusha and lj are very helpful receptionist. the beds are very comfortable and the food is amazing. i really enjoyed the relaxing pool they have. the gym needs some weight but it still have everything you'll need for a good work out. you should def. stay in this hotel !!!

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
holidayinnexpress06, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience all the way around and we look forward to welcoming you back!

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center, we thank you for your business and kind words!

All the Best,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was greeted by a friendly and helpful receptionist. My room was ready. The bathroom had a sour odor to it so they cleaned it again and it was slightly better...so I got some febreeze, and that fixed it. The bed was heavenly. I like the white comforter and sheets so you can tell how clean they are. The towels were soft and plentiful. The room had a coffee maker and microwave and refrigerator all of which worked well. I found all the staff to be helpful and pleasant. the breakfast was on time and plentiful also. There was plenty of parking. The pool was well cared for and clean. The bathroom was large and roomy( I love that part)and clean. No mold. I just Love this place. It is close to the fairgrounds and the interstate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank doctorcindy
holidayinnexpress06, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted you liked our comfortable bed and clean rooms. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around.
I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Upon entering the hotel, I was promptly greeted. The lobby area was clean, and there were fresh cookies for guests. When I got to my room, I received a phone call making sure everything was okay and letting me know to contact the front desk if I needed anything. The room was clean, but the towels were a little dingy. I thought one was dirty, but it was just stained. The air conditioning was also very loud, but I was pretty tired every night, so it didn’t bother me too much. They did have breakfast every morning, which I did not get to try, but I heard it was pretty good. There’s also a Wendy’s right next door. About 5-10 minutes away, there’s a shopping center with tons of good restaurants. Overall, my stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for not being able to provide you with a better experience. This is not typical of our hotel and team; we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We will work with our entire team in order to correct the issues you mentioned. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again when your travels bring you to Columbus again.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We arrived to find our hotel room uncleaned. Hotel staff was very apologetic and quickly went to work cleaning the room while we waited in lobby. After an hour we were able to go back to our room for bed after a long drive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

I wanted to say thanks for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel & service we give our guests. I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great check in experience during your recent stay. We do appreciate your feedback however and hope you will reach out to me directly so I can address your concerns. I can be reached at 614.263.7725.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

All the Best,

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Hudson Street with a large group of friends while in town for a Columbus Crew game. The hotel is located an approximate mile from Crew Stadium - a quick drive, or a short hike around the corner.
The staff was very friendly and accomidating. The rooms were clean and comfortable. And, the value was unbeatable. Continental breakfast is served in the morning for your convenience.
My only complaint would have been with the view.
We'll stay here every time we visit Crew Stadium.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
holidayinnexpress06, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was pleased to see that you had an awesome experience while coming to the Crew Stadium and staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the fabulous, kind, cheerful, helpful, and all around great staff; I will be certain to pass along your compliments to the rest of the team. Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations regarding the view. We appreciate your return business to our property, please let the front desk staff know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable.