“Always Over sleep during business travel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Blackwell

The Blackwell
Ranked #2 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Chicago, Illinois
“Always Over sleep during business travel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I travel for my business and this is the first hotel and I've stayed in many that I actually rest. The staff was very personable and insured my overall satisfaction.They also gave me a great pizza recommendation considering I'm from Chicago and to tired to eat in a restaurant. I hold pizza standards pretty high being from Chicago, and to their surprise I ordered two pies from the front desk staff and valet person. Executive floor is awesome and so are the non executive rooms. Still great service all around.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We spent 5 nights this month at The Blackwell. The place is very nice and the staff is just about as good as I have seen in any hotel I have been visiting. They were friendly and sincere, not friendly just to get a tip, but friendly because it was their mission. The food at the adjoining "2110 Bistro" was equally good and the staff much the same. We were very surprised how the food tasted at "2110". It was as good and mostly better than all of the restaurants that we know of in Columbus. The only glitch in the hotel stay was that an Ipod was taken from our valet parked car, but the third party Valet Company just recently gave me approval to buy a new one at their expense which resolved this minor glitch. All in all, we will be regulars at The Blackwell. It just could not get better if you need to be in that area of Columbus.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but buy the pass for the OSU Aquatic Center. It is an incredible facility that s...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank onceinawhile31
Crown Point, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This experience was that of the best. My room was super nice and the hotel appearance was very nice. The staff at the Blackwell was fantastic. I will stay at this wonderful hot next time I am in town on business.

Shelby, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had to travel to Columbus for upcoming medical reasons and was booked into The Blackwell by the company in charge of my medical stuff. I was a little leery of staying at a hotel on a college campus, but it was amazing! All of the room amenities were top of the line, the staff was excellent, the restaurant was superb! The rooms were quiet and the bed.... oh, the bed... it made for the best night of sleep I have had in a long time. Valet service was nice and friendly also.

Lynbrook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed at the Blackwell while visiting the Ohio State Univ. campus. The price was really reasonable and the amenities were amazing. Everything was immaculate, the staff was courteous and knowledgeable. Besides just having the complimentary shuttle to pick up from the airport, they also would drive guests to local restaurants and other establishments. We would love to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

The Blackwell has oversized rooms, extremely comfortable beds and great service. My only complaint is that there are no vending machines on the floors so if I wanted a coke I had to ask room service to deliver which meant the price if a 12 oz can of coke was extremely high!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

When I found out that this hotel was basically on the campus at Ohio State, I was ready to not enjoy my stay at all. It was a long few days of travel and finding out that The Blackwell was on the Ohio State campus, for some reason, put me in a foul mood. I was ready to find something wrong with the service or the facility. I'm usually a pretty positive and upbeat guy, but I just wasn't ready to enjoy staying here. All that being said, this place was fantastic. It was absurd how every need seemed to be anticipated, every face was genuinely smiling, and all of this in a very well appointed room at an excellent value. It was almost disturbing that these guys did so well...everyone really knocked it out of the park on this one! I'll continue to not like the Buckeye sports teams, but will go out of my way to stay at this hotel again. Great job to all of you at The Blackwell.

1 Thank Charliecutler