“Will always stay at the Blackwell when in Columbus”
Review of The Blackwell

The Blackwell
Ranked #3 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I travel extensively for business - across the US & Internationally and was incredibly impressed with the quality of service, professionalism of staff and attention to detail and comfort I experienced in the room. This was the best night's sleep I have EVER experienced in a bed that was not my own. I would prefer the Blackwell over any five star hotel I have stayed in and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Overall, I had a great experience at the Blackwell. I only stayed one night on business and arrived late and left early, so I didn't get to explore the hotel much. However, the staff were incredibly nice and helpful, and the room was large, clean, and fairly modern. I imagine it's not as convenient as other places to Columbus at large, but a clear choice if you want to stay basically on the Ohio State campus.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is the first time that I stayed at the Blackwell and it will not be the last. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I did not expect the turn down service. The Bistro was excellent as well - both service and food. On future stays in Columbus, I will be staying at the Blackwell.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. Quiet, convenient location on the OSU campus. We arrived late afternoon: our room was not ready, so they gave us a credit of $20 to use in the lounge. We were very impressed with this. In the lounge, we had the Parmesan Herb Fries - those were SO good! Prices of meals were extremely reasonable - $9.95 for a great buffet breakfast. All the staff were very pleasant. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Excellent room (executive level) and the staff and service was exemplary. We traveled with a group of 12 and the hotel shuttle staff was kind enough to provide us transportation to "27" for dinner and to pick us up. From the south side of campus near High St it is a 20 minutes walk across the heart of OSU's campus to return to the Blackwell, an evening stroll that was perfect after a great dinner. I would recommend the Blackwell for anyone having a business or pleasure trip scheduled on or near OSU's campus.

Room Tip: Executive level was the the only way to go, excellent turn down service
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Overall, one of the best places where I have stayed.
Staff cannot be nice enough and willing to assist in every phase
Cleanliness is top notch, limo service is a real bonus for travel to nearby restaurants

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The Blackwell is located on the campus of The Ohio State University. It is run by a staff of courteous professionals who you would expect to encounter at this upscale hotel. The hotel's location offers easy access to many restaurants and shopping within walking distance. (Just remember that the onsite restaurant offers a wonderful variety of choices if you don't want to go out!) I would recommend making an advanced reservation as the hotel dates fill up quickly. The amenities offered are of excellent quality.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the hotel offer an awesome view of Ohio Stadium.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple